Technical Panda steering wheel upgrade.

Currently reading:
Technical Panda steering wheel upgrade.

I'm thinking about upgrading my steering wheel to a 2017 steering wheel.
I don't like the edge in it, an unnatural feel with edge in the middle.

How my present steering wheel look like.

fiat-panda-6.jpg

2017 steering wheel.

audio.jpg

Buttons and airbag look exactly the same to me, it must be plug&play IMHO.

I prefer the older squircle design.

Nice wheel.
How much though to do the upgrade?

The previous one was about £300 as a spare part iirc. I had one retrofitted
on my 4x4. (Being pre-registered I couldn't order it as an option).

If it's in good condition the Prentender's original wheel could
be sold to offset the cost of the new one.
There's plenty of panda owners with the plastic wheel
who would like this as an upgrade.

Amazing what a nasty wheel can do to make you dislike a car. I cant get on with anything that is not smooth and evenly surfaced either. I can say the 2017 wheel is comfortable to use if not as good as the plain rim of the old 100HP. Why do they think all the sculpture is a good idea, it does nothing other than make the car very uncomfortable for at least some of the population whose hands don't fit the mindless grooves and plinths etc.

I have to say my basic wheel is just right for me, it feels fine. I'd like the version with the controls on it but don't know if it's possible to retro fit them. The look of the one with the groove puts me right off and I cannot justify £300 on a 2017 wheel.

The old wheel is spoiled by the nasty mix of leather and plastic. I took a Stanley knife to mine, to remove an irritating moulding ridge on the plastic at the bottom of the wheel, but it's still far from perfect.

Last edited:
My steering wheel is in good condition, nothing wrong with it, but i don't like the way it feel with that edge.
The old one will be up for sale, if the new one can be fitted. :D

I'd maybe like to buy the old one. Send me a pm once you got the new one fitted.

Having the same interior as you think the blue is one of the best color for the pandas interior.

Also, I am thinking of what could I customize on my panda to make it more... mine. Any ideas welcomed.

A little update.

The new steering wheel will fit the older car, based on the part numbers for airbag, steering wheel buttons, and steering column (handle's) they are all the same as the old car.
Steering wheel and that silver bottom part have new numbers.

Sadly enough they are in back-order, and it's not clear when they can be ordered. :(

So, i have to wait and see when it will be available.

Back