500L Problems with steering column

Currently reading:
500L Problems with steering column

Alertdriver

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have just had a service done on my 2013 500L trekking and was told the steering column was loose and it would need replacing at a cost of £800+. It is the third service it has had and this is the first one to highlight a problem.
They said it was the car had been driven offroad or over speed bumps a lot. the route to my home has 14 speed bumps each way!!!!
Is this something that is common? Is this something that can be minimised? Is it caused by having the "city" setting on my steering?
Help please :D

Hi just read of your steering column drama I must say I it seams odd and I think you should get it checked elsewear.The MOT check is usually to see if there is any play in the steering wheel up down left right and it is due to huge mileage! speed bumps ect I would expect to cause wear to ball joints track rod ends springs long before the steering rack or column.There are plenty of 500l's breaking for spares on the Bay or may be repair your's if it is worn bush bearing under the steering wheel?.:hm:

Back