Technical Uno Fuel Pump SPI 1994

Currently reading:
Technical Uno Fuel Pump SPI 1994

volvo_saint

I have a FIAT Uno dating from 1993 with the 999cc SPI engine.

The original electric fuel pump failed in 2011 and I replaced with another pump.

Now the pump I replaced in 2011 has also failed.

I have tried to obtain a new fuel pump from FIAT but they were less than helpful...

Does anyone know a supplier who still sells these electric fuel pumps ?

Yes I have tried Ebay - you end up with pumps where the electrical connector is different and other issues.....I would like to buy the pump with together with the top housing that seals the tank....and make sure that the fuel connector and electrical connections are the same.

You tried putting the pump into reverse?

A trick I did some years ago on my Uno SPI with a stuck pump.

Swap the polarity of the supply voltage and it should work backwards and push out any crap.

think I had a spare loom so snipped off the fuel pump connector and wired it to the battery (via a fues) so i could energise it in either direction without affecting any other bit of the car.

Think I kept the spare connector in the car for some time but the pump never failed again :D

Ahhh I made a post about it along with a pic of the fuel pump and advice on a pump only swap and found a list back then of what the Uno pump listing claimed to be compatible with... https://www.fiatforum.com/uno/141528-fuel-pump.html?p=1490020

this has a pic of the pump and level sensor assy, but you'd only need a new pump

As a guess something like this possibley fits http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petrol-Fu...483164?hash=item3ae4d84a1c:g:pscAAOSwn-tZHwWs

Possibley the euro car parts one fits :S http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...eac0f9c1a6d9267c1f22ac188a523e9f9dfbdd&000148

probabley loads that will fit

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I have removed pump body from the tank and noticed that black rubber ring around the actual pump has disintegrated. The nylon filter contained like a lump of black dust from the perished rubber...

Still awaiting delivery of a new pump which I had ordered in April.

In the meantime I will immerse the pump in thinner for a couple of hours and see if it can be started on the bench.....

Re: Uno Fuel Pump SPI 1994 & Injector issues...

So the pump and pump body I ordered in April never arrived.

The old pump was revived left standing 24 hours in thinner but the pressure generated did not match what I experienced in the past.

So I bought a Bosch pump and used the old pump body and refitted the pump.

At first there was no live wire to the pump - the earth was working but no live feed to the pump. I checked the fuses and no problem there.

Not wanting to give up I fixed separate wire to the pump and the pump starting working. Despite cranking the engine several times the engine failed to start.

The fuel was reaching the filter in the engine compartment and the engine would momentarily run when you spray easy start down the inlet manifold.

So my guess is that after 5 years of storage the fuel injector could be jammed ?

Last edited:
So I have installed a new Fuel Pump...

The correct one is BOSCH 0580 314 152.

Other OEM pumps did not have the correct electrical plug connections...

The old pump took a 24 hour soak in thinner before it ran again.....but not giving the same pressure....so the new one is now installed...

Back