General Grande Punto "Sound" - what is it?

Currently reading:
General Grande Punto "Sound" - what is it?

Hi all

My daughter has recently purchased a GP "Sound" model. It is registered January 2011 and is on a 60 plate.
I've never heard or seen such a model. Is it a dealer special?

The dvla has it listed as a 1200cc engine but the sticker on the OS B pillar of the car states a 1.4 Sound.

Has anyone ever come across one of these before? If so what is "special" about the Sound model?

TIA

As far as I can tell, the Sound did come with a 1.4 8v engine, so if DVLA are reporting that your daughter's has a 1.2 then either the original engine has been replaced or someone has taken the Sound badges and put them on a standard 1.2. I think the only difference was a lightly fettled sound system with a subwoofer but I can't find any specifics online. Pop some pics up :)

Re: Grande Punto "Sound" - what is it?

Post the vin from v5c and I will try to look it up for you with Fiat.
Check vin on v5c is same as vin plate on can.
Was car purchased from a garage or private sale?

Last edited:
Here are the only pictures of the car we have at the moment. I don't have any of the interior but I can say that it has the no central tray and the radio doesn't have blue tooth or anything on it. I haven't spotted a sub woofer anywhere - unless it is well hidden.

If you haven't guessed, the Sound is the white one........

The info that came back for the vin is
Fiat Grande punto actual Variant:ACTUAL
Еngine:1370 , PETROl
Gearbox:GEARBOX
Drive:RIGHT
Doors:
-Production Date:2010-09-13

That came from entering the vin on fiatdalys web site.

There should be a build sticker in the boot under the carpets with info on.
With luck you will find an engine code and be able to identify engine that refers to.
Is it the engine cc and getting that straight with dvl you are most concerned about?

The" sound" bit maybe steering wheel audio controls? Together with 4 speakers and tweeters. Sorry that's vague.

Fora basic car it does have steering wheel sound controls and rear speakers. That certainly could be the "extras" to make it a Sound.

That's all we needed to know - what made it a Sound and what engine it has. Certainly it performs as a 1.4 and now this is confirmed. I'll write to the DVLA with the info for them to change the v5.

Thanks to all for the info.

Back