General Just ordered my new 595CTuri

Currently reading:
General Just ordered my new 595CTuri

After months of deliberation, just ordered a 595C turismo:

* Record Grey
* Manual
* 7" screen with navi, phone mirroring
* Xenon

Can't wait. AND they took the Panda back in p/e.

It also has the hifi system-subwoofer. Will that rob my boot space?

After months of deliberation, just ordered a 595C turismo:

* Record Grey
* Manual
* 7" screen with navi, phone mirroring
* Xenon

Can't wait. AND they took the Panda back in p/e.

It also has the hifi system-subwoofer. Will that rob my boot space?
Hello

Lovely choice of car [emoji3]
The sub sits in where the spare should be so you don't loose any boot space, you just get a tube of gunk instead of a spare. I can tell you the sound system is superb well worth the upgrade.

Cheers
Allen

Here it is. Looking great

Attachments

• IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
Picked it up today. The sun shone. I had a smile on my face all the way. Some observations:

* Navi screen reflects badly BUT carplay works great and the sound from the Beats audio is really good. Phone pairing impeccable and telephone interface works better and quicker than my 2014 BMW. I miss some kind of controller for the infotainment. Stabbing through the multiple screen options and menus is a bit of a pain but I will get used to it I am sure.
* Top closed the sound in the cabin is impressively softened. The double thick roof is high quality and feels more sound-deadening than the tent-like Mini cabrio top. The black roof liner adds some class too. With the roof open to number one position on the motorway at speeds of 120 KMH plus things were a little loud in the cabin. Hoping that with the roof fully open on my way home it might be a little more serene.
* Sport button is going to need to be permanently selected to keep me amused! The power delivery in non-sport mode is smooth and in sport mode also smooth enough yet a little sharper and more eager to get the turbo on boost. Around town the engine can bog down in second on a rolling start from the lights, but when the turbo kicks in its progressive and not totally snappy. I was honestly expecting this whole experience to be more like an 80s Renault off/on type of turbo experience but its generally far more grown up than that.
* Engine and exhaust note is super. Don't notice any pops on the run off but maybe I wasn't listening hard enough.
* Gearbox is very low geared. Bear in mind I came from a Panda 4x4 which has a SUPER low 1st gear and I was surprised that the 595's box also feels pretty low geared. 120 kmh plus on the highway in 5th means at least 3250 rpms... Good job that stereo is good :)
* Turn in and handling generally feels sharper than I expected to be honest. There is a little scuttle shake on highway expansion joints (the mirrors jump noticeably) but overall it is much much better than a flexy Mini. Clearly that's like comparing apples and pears but the Mini was my plan B so I am pleased that in this respect the cheaper Abarth shows up well.

So happy with the decision to get this. There are many 2017 models around in Switzerland right now -- Cs and non Cs -- Turismos and Competiziones -- and base models. Feels like Tichy is having a clear out perhaps ready for a new model next year or the year after?

I plan on keeping this one at least 5 years and once the guarantee is through I will happily modify:

* Possible performance remap given this is the Garrett turbo model
* Add an aftermarket cruise control????

* Add an aftermarket cruise control????

Fiat still haven't realised that people are using their small cars to cover big distances, especially the sort of people who buy an abarth, let's face it, they are not selling a 500 abarth on its ability to run round the shops and be a frugal run around in town. People want to get out and drive but racing round country roads gets tiresome after a few miles and with the top down and the music on sometimes you just want to sit back and cruise at your own pace to where you want to go.

Exactly. I live near the Klausenpass one of the best roads in the country but I also have a 60 km commute on the highway to the office. I know I am trying to get everything but cruise would make the car very versatile

Back