Changing Blue and Me USB for one with USB and AUX?

Currently reading:
Changing Blue and Me USB for one with USB and AUX?

skullyi

So, I've got a Punto Grande on an 08 plate, love the care but the lack of Audio streaming to the car is something to be desired.

I've been trawling through the internet trying to find a solution aside form the £60 Blue and Me adapter and I wondered if I could just swap out the connector that resides in the glove box for one with the AUX and the USB like the 500's have?

I'm not sure if they even connect the same way or if there would be some modification I could do to make this work but I don't want to lose the Blue and Me call features as that's a godsend during driving, I am aware that it probably wouldn't fit in the existing position for it but I'd be happy with it just sitting in my glove box until I can work out an alternative.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this being possible or something similar to this being achieved? I'm good with tech but I'm not so genned up on the Punto.

So, I've got a Punto Grande on an 08 plate, love the care but the lack of Audio streaming to the car is something to be desired.

I've been trawling through the internet trying to find a solution aside form the £60 Blue and Me adapter and I wondered if I could just swap out the connector that resides in the glove box for one with the AUX and the USB like the 500's have?

I'm not sure if they even connect the same way or if there would be some modification I could do to make this work but I don't want to lose the Blue and Me call features as that's a godsend during driving, I am aware that it probably wouldn't fit in the existing position for it but I'd be happy with it just sitting in my glove box until I can work out an alternative.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this being possible or something similar to this being achieved? I'm good with tech but I'm not so genned up on the Punto.
You can stream into the car via loading all your tracks onto bog-standard USB stick (formatted to Fat32) stuck into your USB port.

1. Insert your pre-loaded music USB stick into the USB port in glove box
2. Press voice recognition button on steering wheel (one with Windows logo on it)
3. Say 'Media Player'
4. Say 'Play'
5. Enjoy your music (y)

My apologies for reviving an old thread BUT I wanted to extend my thanks for your input, I ended up avoiding the USB option and bought the Blue and Me adaptor for my car which I now use alongside my shiny new iPhone X!

I still dislike the USB audio system since theres much better options available (such as Apple Music or Spotify!) but the USB adaptor is the only alternative available right now.

Back