Technical Overheating issues

Currently reading:
Technical Overheating issues

stuckinaffric

the other half has a 1.9d multi jet 06 sedici,been nothing but problems from day one(second hand car)she was out friday and the temp gauge went up and the warning light came on for the temp,just had a quick check,it is holding water as far as i can see,just wondering if anyone else has had an issue,there is also a small noise coming from behind the timing belt cover (upper),iv'e got four of the torx srews out but there's a wee pig hiding behind the engine mount,whats the best way to get the wee bugger out,just to have a check,back to temp,there is no flow of water coming from the two small return pipes going into the expansion tank,it makes me think water pump,possibly seized and flow is reduced,it's blowing heat out of the heating system,but temp gauge not going up ,i don't want to run it too much,her that must be obeyed said that she has not had to top up the coolant,i'm just home and just looking for a quiet life,so any help is much appreciated ,re the slight noise until i get the cover off,any one help at all,this would be much appreciated,as it would get her off my case,anything for a quiet life,we are over 30 miles from a garage so it's got to be a diy job

Last edited:
Back