Technical Locking not working properly after replacing handle articulator

Currently reading:
Technical Locking not working properly after replacing handle articulator

Carlos4566

have just replaced the drivers door handle articulator on my 500 1.4 Lounge, following the excellent guide on line. All went well but now that it is all reassembled the central locking won't work properly! Basically when I hit the lock button on the fob the door locks and then immediately unlocks.
Oddly If I hit the fob button while inside and hold the inner door handle tightly shut it works, but obviously I cannot do that from outside.
I have tried disconnecting the battery for 15 mins but that didn't help.
Also does not autoclose when driving away even although I have set it to on on the dashboard menu.
Anyone got any ideas?

have just replaced the drivers door handle articulator on my 500 1.4 Lounge, following the excellent guide on line. All went well but now that it is all reassembled the central locking won't work properly! Basically when I hit the lock button on the fob the door locks and then immediately unlocks.
Oddly If I hit the fob button while inside and hold the inner door handle tightly shut it works, but obviously I cannot do that from outside.
I have tried disconnecting the battery for 15 mins but that didn't help.
Also does not autoclose when driving away even although I have set it to on on the dashboard menu.
Anyone got any ideas?

Door not closing correctly, if any door is not closed correctly the locking system will lock then unlock all the doors. It may be the door card you removed that operates the door handle is stopping the catch from returning fully.

Or the switch in the door, that informs if the door open or closed , not operating correctly.
Same effect ECU "thinks" a door is open so won't lock

Back