Technical Leaking drops of oil at the left rear wheel + VIDEO

Currently reading:
Technical Leaking drops of oil at the left rear wheel + VIDEO

karol235

Hello FIAT FANS !
I have a problem with my 1.6 Marea sedan.
I found small drops of oil? or something dirty brown under my car - under ledt rear wheel. From what is that oil leak? What is wrong? Its serious problem??

I make video of it but i cant add youtube link. So it is searchable on youtube under this name: video 96867989892

It is in this position on car
FIATMarea-1297_1.jpg

EDIT:
I make picture of leaking oil parts... i thing that this "thing" leaks oil.. but its not 100%
leak oil.jpg

Last edited:
Hello FIAT FANS !
I have a problem with my 1.6 Marea sedan.
I found small drops of oil? or something dirty brown under my car - under ledt rear wheel. From what is that oil leak? What is wrong? Its serious problem??

I make video of it but i cant add youtube link. So it is searchable on youtube under this name: video 96867989892

It is in this position on car
View attachment 179440

Hi , :)

almost certainly BRAKE FLUID..!!:(

have a look at the insides of the rear brakes NOW..!!

as it will contaminate the brake linings = BAD(n)

and could lead to brake FAILURE..:eek:

both from damaged linings, and lack of Fluid

https://www.fiatforum.com/multipla/151084-brake-failure.html

Charlie

Last edited:
Hi Charlie !
Thank you for reply.
But i dont lose brake fluid in reservoir, i think. Or its fresh and losing starts yesterday?... i dont know but i found leaking yesterday.

So i need remove rear wheel and check drum brake ?

Thats the subframe bolt.

That is infront of the brakes, the line goes up there so it might be brake fluid or just some crud. It is not inside the drum so no need to take it apart.

Easiest check: stand on the brake pedal and see if the leak increases.

Sure you don't have any leaking oil cans in your trunk?

Its nigh right now but i try clean it from oil or whatever it is and some times press brake pedal and nothing happen. But i am alone so i press pedal some times and go under car then... and its look like no more leak... but i will see in the morning it is wet or dry....

when i want check if pedal stay firm... i need press it while motor is on ? Or it doesnt matter?

Hello,
i try pushing brake pedal today. I have engine ON and i push brake pedal. He go down for about 2-3 centimeters and hold. Pedal was litle more harder with hand brake ON.

After pushing pedal I go under car and i thing there is no new leaking oil...

hmmmm.... last i touch my car was yesterday. I dont drive with it i only try pushing brake pedal yesterday and it was looking dry (yesterday)... today a look under car and i found few oil/brown or whatever is it drops again...
Only one thing was change - raining all night...
I remove seats, look in trunk and everything was dry....

Hello, yes it is in my plan check rear drumbrakes... but when i was under car i look on brake pipes(lines) and it looks dry and also i dont lose break fluid in brake reservoir, or if i lose it, its very small amount...

Back