I:9 jtd.

Currently reading:
I:9 jtd.

stevej60

Hi folk's I've had a Sedici now for five weeks,bought from the guy who has serviced my cars for years, now it was a cat D needing a new bumper only
which along with servicing and fitting a new EGR valve was all sorted for me
but on the way home from work after a few days and about 150 miles
worth of use there was a bit of a growl and what sounded like spluttering
which didn't seem to be engine connected and there was no change in performance or warning lights flashing so with a mile to get home I risked it
and as I climbed the hilll for home it went never to return but personally since
then I think the car is more responsive and smoother and I definitely seem to
feel the turbo kick so all being well I've enjoyed the drive but yesterday after
ten minutes of stop start traffic a mile after getting moving as I pulled away from the lights a similar noise again if a bit higher pitched no performance issues
or warning lights, this time I was a mile from work I drove on it disappeared as I
pulled in that said the fan was going full belt for a couple of minutes after switch
off today the car is sweet as a nut,just wondering if they are issues with the car standing for a few months not in use.

Hi folk's I've had a Sedici now for five weeks,bought from the guy who has serviced my cars for years, now it was a cat D needing a new bumper only
which along with servicing and fitting a new EGR valve was all sorted for me
but on the way home from work after a few days and about 150 miles
worth of use there was a bit of a growl and what sounded like spluttering
which didn't seem to be engine connected and there was no change in performance or warning lights flashing so with a mile to get home I risked it
and as I climbed the hilll for home it went never to return but personally since
then I think the car is more responsive and smoother and I definitely seem to
feel the turbo kick so all being well I've enjoyed the drive but yesterday after
ten minutes of stop start traffic a mile after getting moving as I pulled away from the lights a similar noise again if a bit higher pitched no performance issues
or warning lights, this time I was a mile from work I drove on it disappeared as I
pulled in that said the fan was going full belt for a couple of minutes after switch
off today the car is sweet as a nut,just wondering if they are issues with the car standing for a few months not in use.

Hi. Is it DPF equipped..??
Fan running is typical or a REGEN taking place

Thank's Charlie,I,ve now read up on the subject so a little wiser what to look out for.
the car is still fine spoke to my guy and he is aware this has happened will see if I get a
repeat.

Well the problem re-surfaced today and the answer! the noise was the right hand
fan,the bottom arm is bent so when the fan has been kicking in because it is out of
line it has been scraping the rear of the radiator and managed over the last few
weeks to wear away the main rubber radiator pipe which after today,s occurence
has split thankfully just as I arrived home so anew hose and a straightening of the
arm and all should be well!

Car returned today new hose fitted and fan housing,no charge and running well
so back to enjoying being a Fiat owner again!

Back