General Thinking of buying a Qubo

Currently reading:
General Thinking of buying a Qubo

goldielocks

I'm looking very seriously at getting a Qubo. An automatic probably around the 2010 year. I'm mainly attracted by the brilliant MPG, cheap road tax, and roof bars.

We're a young family, me, the missus, and two kids. Haven't yet been to poke around one yet, how useful is the boot space for young families? How easily would it fit a pram/buggy/double buggy? We've a dog as well and would want to ocaisionally go on holiday with the dog, the kids, and some luggage.. is the Qubo the car for us?

Nice car if you don't mind the looks my uncle got one and is impressed with it . I sat in my self and it was a nice feeling of space I would have one but my wife doesn't like the shape so we are having 500l ?

Nice car if you don't mind the looks my uncle got one and is impressed with it . I sat in my self and it was a nice feeling of space I would have one but my wife doesn't like the shape so we are having 500l ?
I don't really care too much how it looks, I've fully embraced dad-ness so function and price are more important to me than looks! God I feel old.. I did think the missus would outright refuse but to my surprise she actually didn't mind, like it because it's different! Bright green was the first one I showed her :-D

Wow that's my favourite colour bright green . Really stand s out I wish I could have had one but .?

Hi Goldielocks. Welcome to the forum, a great place to be. I have a 2009 Qubo semi automatic which I really do love. It's a big ask to put prams/buggies/suitcases and a dog in any smallish car without using the roof rack. As you would guess, it is important that you go and look at one and have a test drive to see how you get on with the gearbox/boot space.There are not that many "auto" Qubo about as I found out when I was looking for mine.
Remember that it's no pocket rocket but is a love it or hate it vehicle.
Nearly all Qubo owners love there babies:):):)

Hi goldielocks,

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Qubist/Fiorinoist, great little cars. Any questions post them up on here, one of us will probably have the answer.

I agree with everything said above, and yes you really must go and give one a good test drive.

Bear in mind though that the auto has a manual gearbox, but no clutch pedal, the clutch is operated by computer/hydraulics, which will feel really weird/strange, and takes some getting used to. But after a few hundred miles you should get the 'knack'........

Let us know on here how you get on, always interesting.

Cheers Qube O.

PS, use the forum search box for specific info......

Hi mowermender70,
Just bear in mind they don't do well cutting wet grass.......haha.

Enjoy the motor, yes the gearbox is strange until you get into the way of using it, but it helps make them great on economy, I never drop below 50 odd, regardless of what motoring I do.

Cheers Qube O.

The MPG is great, averaged 55 in my Peugeot badged Fiat engined version, but go over 70 on the motorway and it will drink fuel like its going out of fashion!:D

I've got a 2009 Qubo diesel with manual transmission and I get 55mpg

i do about 100 miles a day commuting...

i had family visiting from USA and we had 5 people in the Qubo and loads of luggage in the boot and it handled it all fine.

i think the Qubo has a kinda cool look to it...

the sliding rear doors are fantastic especially with kids and keeping things stress free in parking lots etc...

I've installed a Pioneer stereo with apple CarPlay and put new speakers and subwoofer in for the road trips...

Back