General new tipo questions - wheels ad touchsreen

Currently reading:
General new tipo questions - wheels ad touchsreen

majorj0nny

Originally I had a punto, then moved to a panda (dont ask), when back last week determined to get a punto again only to be told they dont do them anymore :( so only options in the fiat realm was 500's and Tipo. tbh I hadnt even seen the tipo till that day but liked it - and was impressed by the standard kit it came with compared to the relatively low price.

typical for me - I only really look in more depth at stuff like this AFTER I purchased it. My easy plus (when I get it) was originally an impulse move to avoid the easy standards steel wheels. though looking more and more at the easy plus 16"alloys, Im not overly enthusiastic ? Id prefer the lounges 17" ... or even the s-designs 18" ? I guess I should wait and see how they grown on me once I get the car .... but perhaps I could go down the aftermarket route at a later date ? Has anyone here done anything with the stock wheels on a new tipo yet ?

I also see lots of pictures advertising the tipo showing the impressive 7" touchscreen radio, then noticed that the easy plus and lounge only have a 5" version... is the 7" a europe only thing ? or an optional extra for the lounge? I thought it was a lounge upgrade but then noticed lounges with the same 5" also.

would the 7" radio be an aftermarket option at a later stage I could upgrade to via an official fiat dealer ? again - i'll have the see how I get on with this 5".

thanks.

I'm pretty sure the 5" screen is across the board on UK spec cars... for some reason we don't get the 7" that is available to Europen markets (n)

As for the wheels I agree the 17" look better but it's probably worth seeing how you get on with the 16s first. Advantages will be a slightly better ride quality and cheaper tyres.

Good luck with the car whatever you decide to do, I've been mulling over getting one myself but true to form have so far proven very indecisive!

Edited to add.. Re. The 18" wheels; personally I think they're a step too far. The Tipo (like most others in its class to be fair) doesn't have a very sophisticated suspension design and I think the ride will probably really suffer badly with zero discernible benefits in terms of grip. That's just me though, each to their own and all that.

Last edited:
Yeah i need to just live with it as standard before trying to change everything. I think the easy has a rubbishy 4" screen thing, why we can't have the 7" is beyond me.

I'm upgrading to the lounge so looks like the wheel problem is sorted... However, where as before the easy plus didn't have the larger 7" radio anyway, even in europe, the lounge does in Europe but the uk get screwed over with the generic 5" ... Fiat called me from italy to 'give me an answer' about my question of why the 7" ain't available in the uk but is everywhere else. The reply was "we don't know... There's no information regarding that" ... Yeah thanks. I figure it's the dash... Looking at the pics the dash looks different for the 7" radio than the 5" so perhaps they tried to cut costs having to make 2 different dashs for right hand drive cars ? I dunno. Shame.

My Tipo Saloon had the 16" wheels from factory with 205/55R16 tyres, pirelli cinturato P7

I bought aftermarket 17" wheels, and put 225/45 R17 nankang tyres, the same siwe as on the 120hp diesel version, and the ride is better when talking about stability... but need a little bit more power...

You can get the 7" sat nav in the UK,but only on the S design and if you look carefully at the install it looks a bodge !,it looks like a cheap tablet has been stuck to the dash,i only spotted it when looking at photos of a car for sale,not press release photos

My Tipo Saloon had the 16" wheels from factory with 205/55R16 tyres, pirelli cinturato P7

I bought aftermarket 17" wheels, and put 225/45 R17 nankang tyres, the same siwe as on the 120hp diesel version, and the ride is better when talking about stability... but need a little bit more power...

Where did you bought your wheels, WWW or local dealer ? they fit nicely ?

I am struggling to find the correct wheels to fit this car..

Also had the 205/55R16 Cinturato P7 and moved to aftermarket Dare X2 wheels 17" with Nankang NS20 tyres 225/45

Back