Technical Crankshaft Oil Leak

Currently reading:
Technical Crankshaft Oil Leak

FSN8

Hi there, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place as I'm pretty new here and clueless lol.

Anyways straight to the point.

Hi there, I own an 06 Grande Punto, and my problem with it is I'm having a somewhat fast oil leak from my car (from top of the dipstick to half in 2 weeks), I'm not 100% sure where it could be coming from, I know it's from the front of the engine and im pretty sure it's from the crank lip seal but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also taking a guess but when im driving the alternator belt is covered in oil so I'm assuming it's from the crank. I'm just curious to see if this is a common fault or if there is anything that I could check to be sure, or if there's anything else around that area which it could be! Thanks in advance!

Also to add the car has a new sump, oil pressure switch, and oil filter, and it was leaking before these were replaced and still is currently.

**SIDENOTE**

The oil pressure warning light is currently on in the dash and I was wondering if maybe the 2 are related? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi [First_Name],

very "good" chance that it's coming from the cranckase lip seal :-(
Have your engine cleaned (Tix + water spray) so you can spot where it's originally coming from. Why did you replaced the sump and press sensor ?
FYI, as far as I remember from school the dipstick min to max area = ca 1 liter...

If someone here helped You fix or understand your issue, hit the thanks button, it's free !!

Attachments

• Thanks button.JPG
    Thanks button.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 164
I never replaced them, the owner before me (who i know as a close friend) said that he knew it was leaking oil, and tried to fix it with those "solutions", but he unofrtunately couldnt find the source, and had to sell the car which i purchased, but thank you for the answer.

Also yeah, looks like ive not really set my profile up yet lol.

Back