Is this a write off?

Currently reading:
Is this a write off?

Acroadam

Hi there everyone.
So, having the worst day imaginable. My father passed away unexpectedly this morning, on the way back from the hospital, this happened. Airbags didn't go off. 2013 500 lounge.

I'm just not sure what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 162
Hi there everyone.
So, having the worst day imaginable. My father passed away unexpectedly this morning, on the way back from the hospital, this happened. Airbags didn't go off. 2013 500 lounge.

I'm just not sure what to do.

Hello. Sorry to hear such news. Our thoughts are with you.

Re the 500.
Quite easily an insurance write off yes. But not your direct concern (or focus right now)

Let the insurance know. It will be assessed.and either a loan car provided. Or a cash payout. To replace the vehicle.

Charlie

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, glad you're ok.

Looking at the pictures it will definitely be a Cat D write off. As the impact is quite high it may have pushed the engine back and will without doubt have broken the air box.

From what I can see, it will probably not have damaged the chassis legs. Without stating the obvious, wing, bonnet, bumper, front panel, radiator, air con condenser, all the front lights, I would expect it to cost around £700 buying used panels in the right colour and non OEM light or second hand original ones. Good news that the airbags haven't gone as that would make it a Cat C.

There could be other damage hidden under the bonnet but at first glance it's probably not as bad as it looks. Taking into account possible other problems I would expect to be able to repair it for under a grand.

I'll look out for it on the salvage auctions.

Good spot there Nigel,(y)
no location marker on my phone.., and pic was so small I didn't even realise it was a photo from the scene:eek:

Of course the US continents 500 is probably a lot more cramped under the hood,

bigger engine / more strengthening, etc

Really very sorry to hear of your loss. The car looks bad and i hope you are OK.. Having looked at many salvage cars on the net, it is likely to be a write off, but not certain as the damage looks above chassis rail level and could be superficial.

Best of luck and I hope your days get better.

Terribly sorry to hear about your news - our thoughts are with you.

On the car front, I've nothing to add that hasn't been said already.

Best wishes.

Back