Fiat customer services very disappointed

Currently reading:
Fiat customer services very disappointed

danny153

So took my 500 (13k miles) into the local dealership for its 3rd annual service and its first mot i chose the date exactly 3 years from its first registration all went well until i was advised that it had failed the MOT due to excessive wear on the nearside ball joint i suggested that the 2+1 year warranty should cover this but was told this had expired on the previous day at midnight and the "lifetime warranty" sold by the dealership did not cover suspension parts. Various attempts to get Fiat to contribute towards the repair costs have been rejected and after 3 weeks of no car have resorted to having the repair and fresh mot done at a local independent garage. Very frustrating experience and not likely to purchase again

Bad luck there :eek:(
A warning to others, take your car in for mot a couple of weeks before its due.

I remember a few years ago I had a Ford KA , did an early mot & got suspension sorted under warranty.

Mark.

Any good dealer will try and get you in for a pre-MOT inspection then get the work done so it doesn't then go on to fail it's first mot, it does not look good on the manufacturer if they have a high first MOT failure rate

Totally understand it was my mistake assumed the warranty would still be valid 3years from date of first registration however everyone including the service reception suggested fiat would sort it as a goodwill gesture, no such luck and impossible to get past the multi franchise (fiat alfa etc) customer service desk in an attempt to escalate.

My Fiat Panda has also suffered that problem looking back it had a nearside Wisbone assembly in 2015 then this year that is also what it failed on nearside bottom ball joint ie the wishbone/ suspension arm again

My Fiat Panda has also suffered that problem looking back it had a nearside Wisbone assembly in 2015 then this year that is also what it failed on nearside bottom ball joint ie the wishbone/ suspension arm again
Judging from Warranty Direct - suspension and related components seems to be a major weak-point for Fiats. I had to replace a ball joint on my Panda MK2 - it was out of warranty though so I had to pay for it. ?

Back