Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 03:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

yellowluigi

I Love my car
Our annual Christmas lunch. All welcome.

Meet at pub at 10am for coffee and chat, have a short convoy drive around the beautiful New Forest and then enjoy Christmas lunch.

Full Menu details to follow later. £19.95 for two courses, £24.95 for three. £5 deposit required. Please add yourself as an attendee and then we will PM you further details.

Be good to meet up once again. My OH has other commitments that day but I may be able to 'sweetheart' her into letting me use her 500. If not then I'm afraid it's the Jaguar XE, but it is in Italian Red!!!:D

Sorry for being a little late in replying but had to switch a few things around so Julie and I can now join you :)

Hiya

Looking forward to meeting you all again. It's been awhile since our last meeting.

I will have to take it easy with the meal as I have my works Christmas Meal in the evening.

See you soon

Chris and Jean

Menu:

Starters
Flaked crab with lime crème fraîche, fennel, apple & celery salad
French onion soup with Gruyère cheese croûte (v)
Duck liver parfait with a port & redcurrant jelly & Parmesan crostini
Fennel, pomegranate & apple salad topped with Driftwood goat's cheese (v)

Mains
Roast British turkey with bacon wrapped sausages, stuffing, seasonal vegetables & crispy roast potatoes
Pot roasted brisket in a red wine & shallot sauce with crispy roast potatoes, swede purée & seasonal greens
Bouillabaisse of white mash, mussels, prawns & clams in a rich saffron, tomato & fennel sauce served with rustic bread
Artichoke, flame roasted pepper, red onion & rosemary risotto with Parmesan shavings, dressed rocket & balsamic glaze (v)

Puddings
Traditional Christmas pudding with brandy butter ice cream or custard
Clotted cream rice pudding served with a spiced plum compote
Chocolate mousse in a brandy snap basket with fresh berry compote
Selection of British cheeses with assorted biscuits, apple, grapes, celery & chutney

Three Courses £24.95 • Two Courses £19.95

We would like:

French onion soup X2
Bouillabaisse X1
Roast turkeyX1
Clotted cream rice pudding X1
Chocolate mousse X1
Please :p

Hi - the bouillabaisse description should have read fish not mash, so Bouillabaisse of white fish, mussels, prawns & clams in a rich saffron, tomato & fennel sauce served with rustic bread. Hope that is still OK?

The Green Dragon is now all booked up. We have paid your £5 per head deposit, so please do not forget to bring some cash with you as we do not take credit cards!

Meet at 10am for coffee, a short convoy can then be joined for those that wish to, before lunch at 12.

Cannot wait to see you all!

Mark & Kirsty.

Well that's no 1 Xmas meal done ! Very nice too at the RNLI HQ with the Saab guys. Looking forward to next weekend ( Saturday ) at the Green Dragon. Hopefully enough dry weather to clean the car this week. On my trip back from Poole to Abingdon, it was 112 miles , average consumption was 50.2, average speed was 50 ( + and - in some areas ! ) and took 2 hours and 14 minutes ( that includes stopping to load a radiator for my front bedroom, picked up on the way home ) :) Not bad for a gentle day out, using ECO for all of the journey. 2013 0.9 twinair turbo, mileage 38,000 approx. Nicely run in now :)

My OH will be using her 500 on the day, she cannot drive the XE as she says it is too big for her!!! So I will be coming in the Jag saloon. Maybe if someone has a spare seat I can be a passenger for the convoy rather than spoil the 500 line up???

Back