Become a part of the FF Team - positions vacant!

Currently reading:
Become a part of the FF Team - positions vacant!

join-us-we-have-cookies-1.png

As part of this year's (yes yes, I know, the year is nearly through) forum reboot - instead of going for a mass of features or a redesign, we want to go for a staff overhaul.

Part of what made the forum great before, was having a strong moderating team with passion to keep their sections alive, welcoming new members and generally being the "voice" of their model.

Over the years, our mod team has decreased and we never really did a real drive to bring in new blood!

So - what we are looking for, people who are:

• Passionate about FIAT and the forum
  • Able to commit a decent amount of time each day to their section
  • Help promote the forum externally (social media, attending events etc)
  • Full of ideas and willing to share those backstage to keep the forum fresh
  • Willing to join in staff discussions and help steer the direction of the forum going forward

Having a strong staff community really makes a difference when managing a site like this, so bear in mind we don't want someone who will just deal with a few posts here and there - you need to be a team player!

So if that sounds like you - fill in an application here - or if you have any questions, feel free to post them below :)

P.S. Whilst I've got your attention, if you use Instagram, follow my cat, he's going to be our new mascot ;)

Good luck to those applying, you'll enjoy your new role in becoming a more inspirational member of the forum.

It's a lot quieter on here than when I used to use the forum regularly over 10 years ago, so a new drive for new members is maybe what this place needs, and you reading this might be the person to make a difference ;)

The position isn't just about removing dodgy content, or banishing someone to the naughty step. It's about becoming someone who can make a big difference to the forum,, so if this is you, get applying!

I enjoyed my time here as a moderator, you will too :)

yes please make this forum more active, currently its like 1 new post per 2 weeks or so :( i visit regularly to see if new content is added, but ends up reading old content :(
Unfortunately the problem you have is the the Bravo series were decommissioned a long time ago. Loads of them were crushed under the scrappage scheme :(

That's why the Bravo Owners Club shut up shop - there just wasn't the market anymore :( (and why we preserved it - https://www.fiatforum.com/fiat-boo-archives/ )

Saying that though, we might have a few members with enough drive to revive it again (y)

I have been a mod on another (not fiat) forum for a few years now and I love it, it's a responsibility for sure but the very negatives are far outweighed by the positives and it's interesting to get more involved behind the scenes. I am sure anyone who volunteers will get a lot out of doing it.

Unfortunately the problem you have is the the Bravo series were decommissioned a long time ago. Loads of them were crushed under the scrappage scheme :(

That's why the Bravo Owners Club shut up shop - there just wasn't the market anymore :( (and why we preserved it - https://www.fiatforum.com/fiat-boo-archives/ )

Saying that though, we might have a few members with enough drive to revive it again (y)

I will help and contribute in ways i can hehe, after all mine is brought down from UK and have all the records of the shops and oem numbers with me, but badly need some new threads on swapping parts etc.

I am a former Community Support Helper being a mod on a forum (and helping others) plus have owned my own forums.

The technical car stuff is outta my league however.

Well something you could consider for the this forums software etc. is to allow people via say their profile or other means to actually be able to make a setting/selection that says "I actually own a Bravo" .... or any other model.

This will let not only you but also others how many forum members actually own said model.

I've got a Strada 130TC (for example) and I've no idea how many Fiat forum member *actually" own one.

This sort of demographic ownership info will help not only Fiat Forum but also model owners get some idea of if they are alone or in the midst of an army of model owners.

Just a thought for your website/forum improvement stuff.

Well something you could consider for the this forums software etc. is to allow people via say their profile or other means to actually be able to make a setting/selection that says "I actually own a Bravo" .... or any other model(s).

This will let not only you but also others how many forum members actually own said model.

I've got a Strada 130TC (for example) and I've no idea how many Fiat forum member *actually" own one.

This sort of demographic ownership info will help not only Fiat Forum but also model owners get some idea of if they are alone or in the midst of an army of model owners.

Well something you could consider for the this forums software etc. is to allow people via say their profile or other means to actually be able to make a setting/selection that says "I actually own a Bravo" .... or any other model(s).

At the bottom of each models forum, is a link that allows you to do exactly that ;)

Your Strada group is here https://www.fiatforum.com/groups/ritmo-strada/

That links you to the owners groups register - https://www.fiatforum.com/groups/categories/owners-groups/

Good luck to those applying, you'll enjoy your new role in becoming a more inspirational member of the forum.

It's a lot quieter on here than when I used to use the forum regularly over 10 years ago, so a new drive for new members is maybe what this place needs, and you reading this might be the person to make a difference ;)

The position isn't just about removing dodgy content, or banishing someone to the naughty step. It's about becoming someone who can make a big difference to the forum,, so if this is you, get applying!

I enjoyed my time here as a moderator, you will too :)

(y)

unfortunately , the lack of ANY exciting new vehicles in the FIAT fleet,
mean that all those (younger) Cinq/ Sei , GP , Bravo/a owners that were VERY active and lively..,
are a thing of the past - 500's sold to middle aged couples.:chin:

all of the "interesting" cars now have Alfa /Abarth badges.. :shrug:

Charlie

(y)

unfortunately , the lack of ANY exciting new vehicles in the FIAT fleet,
mean that all those (younger) Cinq/ Sei , GP , Bravo/a owners that were VERY active and lively..,
are a thing of the past - 500's sold to middle aged couples.:chin:

all of the "interesting" cars now have Alfa /Abarth badges.. :shrug:

Charlie

Who are you calling middle aged? :eek:

Think you'll find the 500's popular with late teens/early twenties, and a LOT of students lol :p

Who are you calling middle aged? :eek:

Think you'll find the 500's popular with late teens/early twenties, and a LOT of students lol :p

:Offtopic: :eek:

the top 5 posters in last months 500 section , average age @ 62..:)

YES - people from 17 to 97 drive little 500's, (45 to 125 drive 500L :D)
something tells me they are NOT forum users..

the people that made 40% of the forums traffic 4 years ago when I joined - and attended FF meets,
now drive cars with Abarth or GTI Badges

just an observation.

Back