front brakes sticking on

Currently reading:
front brakes sticking on

enery8

I have had all new brakes fitted to the front axle. That is discs, calipers, flexible hoses and pads. Additionally, I had the servo reconditioned. First trip out there was a burning smell and within 13 miles the front brakes overheated and stuck on (eventually they released). I have had a few suggestions of what may have caused this but wonder if the members of the forum might have any ideas.

Thanks in advance for any info
Bill

Last edited:
Easy problem,had this happen 20 years ago, the servo is adjusted incorrectly for the master cylinder.Almost impossible to predict.The new part is not made in italy with too much variation due to vino!!!
Quick adjustment of the servo adjustment,to the right will solve this problem.
The brake pedal is putting pressure on the master cylinder,just to say. Good luck

Easy problem,had this happen 20 years ago, the servo is adjusted incorrectly for the master cylinder.Almost impossible to predict.The new part is not made in italy with too much variation due to vino!!!
Quick adjustment of the servo adjustment,to the right will solve this problem.
The brake pedal is putting pressure on the master cylinder,just to say. Good luck

thanks, (y)
enery8,
has several threads covering this 1 issue.., :confused:
others have come to the same conclusion - the servo to master-cylinder mechanism is indeed being adjusted;)

out of interest what FIAT do you have..??
Charlie

Back