Technical Rear end transmission damage

Currently reading:
Technical Rear end transmission damage

Mgold019

Hi, y'all! So I was rear ended about a month ago while waiting to merge into traffic from an off ramp. They hit me going about 20 mph. The usual damage happened to the bumper and a the back wheel. She hit us not exactly from behind but the back passenger side and rear corner. Anyways, immediately after, we had issues getting to 3-4K rpm. It shuddered when turned on and shook and sounded horrible. We had it towed immediately and the shop didn't bother seeing if maybe something was wrong outside of the exterior damage. They handed it back and obviously it was still undrivable. They attempted to replaced the transmission mount, which held it together for roughly 18-20 hours until the engine and transmission lights came back on. It's now at a fiat service center and they want to replace or rebuild the transmission. Insurance is very skeptical that a rear end accident could shake me that bad. Any thoughts? The transmission had been fine before this accident and it was immediately apparent as soon as she hit us. We had been in drive, idling or going 1-4 mph while trying to merge.
Thank you in advance!

Back