RIP Tony Cowley (grimwau)

Currently reading:
RIP Tony Cowley (grimwau)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrkitching

Staff member
I'm greatly saddened to report that our much-loved and respected moderator Tony Cowley passed away peacefully in the early hours of this morning after a long battle against cancer. Tony's contribution to the forum over many years is, quite simply, irreplaceable and he will be sorely missed.

I'm sure you'll all join with me in extending heartfelt condolences to his wife Liz and son Scott.

I'll post further details of the arrangements as they become available; meanwhile, please feel free to add your own memories and photographs of Tony in this thread.

JR.

Attachments

• Tony Picture.jpg
    Tony Picture.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 554
I,m fairly new here, but it's always sad when a valuable and respected member of a forum passes away, I'm of an age where many old friends are passing on and it's becoming increasingly easier to empathise.
Best wishes to his family, from the photo Tony looks like a lovely guy.

Never met him, or really spoke to him, but saw him around the forums very regularly, and he seemed like an absolutely lovely and incredibly helpful chap.

Condolences to all.

I'm very new here but saw some of his posts from the past. RIP and best wishes to his family and friends during this time

Condolences, sorry to hear the sad news.

to repeat what has been said, I'm a relative newbie on this forum, but have already learnt a lot from the people here, so therefore, indirectly, from Tony.

Crewie

RIP Grimwau! I remembered you as a very knowledgeable member of the forum, your presence on it will be missed.

Last edited:
Tony will be missed, he was a great person and a great moderator of the forum.
He always kept a level head and was thoughtful on the forum and in real life.
His family meant to world to him and I hope they are doing well.

Tony also had a great sense of humour and I know he had a good laugh at the below image. (it's a long story and you had to be there)

11157626516_f0f9343b8f.jpg

Rest in peace mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.