General Stop Press!! Barchetta wins award at car show

Currently reading:
General Stop Press!! Barchetta wins award at car show

Davefridge

Established member
Hi all. I went to Maxey Classic & Thoroughbred Car Show near Peterborough today and guess what, I won Best Modern Classic! There was about 270 cars on show of various categories. About 2pm this guy with a clipboard comes up and says that my car has won an award. I was chuffed to bits! At 3pm the winners did the drive through, chat and plaque giving just like at those car shows. All those hours of TLC have paid off and a bit of recognition for our favourite motors!

Attachments

• IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 160
Awesome! Well done, you must be over the moon. She looks absolutely lovely, so I'm not suprised you won. I bet it makes all that arm-breaking work polishing her worthwhile.

Thanks for congratulations. Weather was perfect. Yesterdays rain was enough to dampen the entrance road but not enough to make it muddy. Nothing pi%@es me off more than getting car covered in abrasive dust or mud!

Congratulations - your car looks really good - but I have to ask, why mount the luggage rack that way round?

The luggage rack was mounted that way when I bought the car. With the raised bar at the back, suitcases would not tend to slide off. It could be mounted the other way round I assume for long things like skis.

Congratulations !! That is the prize for your hard work.
Now I see the hard work I have to do with my yellow B.
By the way, my luggage rack was mounted by the previous owner the other way and on the instructions I read that is the correct way. The elevated part is to avoid the luggage to fly towards your neck in case of an accident.
Here is another one: http://www.carluggagerack.co.uk/fiat_barchetta_boot_luggage_racks.htm

"The elevated part is to avoid the luggage to fly towards your neck in case of an accident."
Good point, Juan. Hadn't thought of that. I'm not too bothered though because I rarely use the rack.
Liked your photos. Bit extreme taking pics of the inside of your engine!
Here's another shiney pic for you.
Cheers

PS. Is your exhaust low? The tail trim sits much lower than mine

Attachments

• IMG_2134.JPG
    IMG_2134.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 77
Will you people PLEASE STOP polishing... it's getting embarrasing. I know where the polish is in the garage, I know where the cloths are, I know when they last met up - when Queen Victoria were a lad I believe - but really (y)

ps. I must admit they do look good though, it's just, if only they were blue.

Here here with the polishing. Enough already! (y) i'm thinking of going to Knebworth on the August bank holiday, but I know it will require hours of buffing and polishing lest I get scorned for the general all-round neglected state of my B! Problem is, whenever I get the polishing stuff out, I think "I'll just have a little drive first", and two hours later...

Last edited:
Here here with the polishing. Enough already! (y) i'm thinking of going to Knebworth on the August bank holiday, but I know it will require hours of buffing and polishing lest I get scorned for the general all-round neglected state of my B! Problem is, whenever I get the polishing stuff out, I think "I'll just have a little drive first", and two hours later...
I totally admire the cars that can be kept clean, polished and generally in good nick, it's just I quite like mine being a bit ratty, still gets the looks and the 'oh what's that' comments but it looks used, a bit rough and ready, bit like me!

I've only ever bought one Autoglym product,Tar remover which I use on the front of the car to get rid of the insect invasions.

Problem is I can't find it and so the car has still not been washed since returning from holiday and a bug splattered nose.

Polish,not a clue what that is...:devil:

When you're polishing,you're wasting valuable driving time....:yum:

Sorry for over-polishing! I do get an extreme amount of satisfaction when I stand back and admire the results of a couple of hours work. To be honest, when it gets to a certain condition, it is very easy to maintain it at that level (especially when its a garaged second car). I had front-end respray 2 years ago and the bonnet, headlamps, front & sills covered in 3M VentureShield.
Here's one more shiney pic & a pic of my daytime drive (Lazy V8 musclepower!- beats anything away from the lights!)

Attachments

• IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
Back