Technical Loose Positive Battery Connection

Currently reading:
Technical Loose Positive Battery Connection

Afternoon everybody!

Drove to work y,day, went to go out for lunch and noticed my car was dead!:bang: not even the clock was on the dash. After having a few problems starting thinking it might be glow plug relay unit etc, when charging my battery last week I noticed the positive connector was tight (nut and bolt) but was not tight on the terminal of the battery.

Anyway has anybody else noticed theres loose? my last Stilo had a loose positive connector also. wrapped some copper wire around and put back on now it tight on the battery terminal!(y).

Might be why i have had this problem?.
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/427342-struggle-start-heater-plugs-relay.html

Might be the first thing to check on other problems with your Stilo.

Paul(y)

Last edited:
Yep think its fiats connectors my punto and stilo both did it, just bought some new connectors there perfect

I recently changed from an exide battery to a varta and suffered the same fate.
after a trip next day car dead, straight to battery ,posi lead loose.
couldn't tighten up any more on post measured posts and new battery was fractionally thinner post? so ordered some battery post repair shims like a lead cap that sleeves over the post, no issues since £3 or so for a pair I think.

Morning

Update, still need to get some shims, in the meantime last night tried to start the car, it wont start. then when i turned the key back on to start again...nothing and the dash warning lights was on dim.

Anyways got into work stripped some cable wound some copper around battery connector and put back on, it bites well and is tight.

Paul(y)

Attachments

• 20151208_163449.jpg
    20151208_163449.jpg
    757.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20151209_074349.jpg
    20151209_074349.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20151209_074403.jpg
    20151209_074403.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
Back