Technical Help!

Currently reading:
Technical Help!

can anyone here help, or suggest someone who can?
recently I have been having trouble with my wheels, and getting them off my car, this morning I have again snapped another (the 2nd) locking wheel socket trying to get the nut out, and also 1 bolt sheared when I tried to take it off, im guessing that they have been bolted on too tight previously.

anywhere in or around Scunthorpe where I can get the sheared bolt and locking nuts removed by someone who isn't going to rip me off at £30+ per corner?

thanks!

Have you tried an "easy out" stud remover? I had this problem on my son's car but found that once the stud had snapped it came out easily, I think the friction between the stud and the wheel was the issue.

Yup, the easy out took the old snapped wheel bolt out fantastic! The locking nuts were sorted for £10 by a garage in Scunthorpe who said that every locking nut removal company out there will rip you off to hell and back, took it too him, 10 seconds per wheel, and sorted. All I have to do now is remove 1 of those little bolts holding the brake disc on. Pain in the rear end they are.

Back