FIAT Coupe

Currently reading:
FIAT Coupe

FIAT Coupe

• Total voters
The Ferrari of the world for people who didn't want to spend that kind of money ;)

The 20VT Turbo was pretty damn nippy, a shame nothing ever replaced it :(

Attachments

• Coupe-2.0-20V-Turbo-1.jpg
    Coupe-2.0-20V-Turbo-1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 887
  • CoupeBrisbane2.jpg
    CoupeBrisbane2.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 278
  • i247436.jpg
    i247436.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 187
i think it was just dismissed when it was new cause its fwd. There was some serious 2 door coupe cars kicking about when the fiat coupe came out. It has marmite looks and the 2.0 16vt engine was ancient - would have done better for sure if it was released with the 20vt engine right from the beginning.
I will admit when they were new and i was younger i really didn't care for them, i thought they were ugly and much preferred the nissan 200sx. The coupe has aged very well though looks wise, just a shame so many of them are boring colours and not the colours that they properly pop in. Sprint blue and yellow are my faves but nearly everytime i see one its dark green or that metallic rose colour both of which i associate with old people and boring cars.

Best car I ever owned, and the 20VT engine is a peach - a pleasure to have it under my right foot for so many miles. The car also felt 'properly' engineered to be a GT, not just a shopping trolley on steroids like most of my other hot Fiat's

Now on my 4th coupe in 11 years. Truly addictive cars!

To be fair though, you could say that about all Fiats. I had a Punto mk2 for nearly 4 years, then when it went wrong, I went straight out and traded it in for a Grande Punto. I fully intend to stick with Fiat for as many years as I possibly can. :)

Drove a Strada for 2 years. Never wanted another.

The Supermirafiori somehow floated my boat for a while...

Then a Fiat drought 'til my first Coupe :)

Wife drives a 2 year old Beemer. I drive an 18 year old Coop 20VT :)

Only killed off cos Maserati ( 3200 GT ) and Alfa ( GTV ) were complaining it was hurting thier sales targets under the Fiat Group.

I doubt the Coupe will never be repeated. Glad i have one:D

I have a 16v turbo in Broom yellow, the Coupe is getting quite rare these days, absolutely love the car and have owned it for 14 years or so, use it in the summer months and on nice dry winter days it was registered in August 1995 so is one of the early ones sold in the UK. Its great fun to drive still very quick even tho its 24 years old and being the 16v engine its a lot easier to work on than the 20v engine, at least you don't have to take the engine out to change the cam belt.

Here's the thing. I have always been a fan and the 16V turbo is in my opinion the best of the bunch. A yellow 16V turbo with cloth interior is still one of my all time top ten and the Coupe range are some of the best front wheel cars ever built.

But...

Good ones are too expensive and crap ones are too expansive these days.

There I said it.

But...

That makes it cool.

Back