Trailer Wiring?

Currently reading:
Trailer Wiring?

UFI

500 TwinAir Plus
I just finished wiring up a Westfalia trailer harness to my 2014 Renault Kangoo. Tail lights work, stop lights work, hazards work, turn signals DON'T work :(

When the indicators are switched on nothing at all happens, no not even the vehicle lights come on. I suspect this means I need to get it dealer coded? Is it possible that Bosch diagnostics can do the job, as that would be a lot cheaper (possibly free).

In other news used a brand new torque wrench and snapped a M12 10.9 bolt! Apparently I should have stuck to my 15 year old no name wrench.

I take it you've joined the indicator wires into the cars rear indicator lights?
Because the hazards work - it means the indicators should
Unless you managed to short something or do something else

Are you able to quick disconnect your unit/bypass relay/ what ever you've used and do the hazards then work?

ziggy

Reactions: UFI
Tried it again today and it all works, other than hyper flash because I have LED tail lights. The LED lights work fine on older cars, but apparently Renault and no doubt others have decided that not enough impedance means a light out, even though it's not even possible to buy trailer lights with filament globes anymore.

Car parts shop wanted $30 for a pair of load resistors, even when you have a win you still loose :rolleyes:

Back