General What to look for??

Currently reading:
General What to look for??

Hi, I am going to look at a Stilo 1.9 JTD with a view to buy one, what do I need to look out for????

ie whats the common issues???

I new to the whole Fiat and Diesel world as I have always been into the small petrol Cinq's/Sei's/Punto's.

I'm sure there's a buying guide here somewhere but the common issues off the top of my head for Stilos in general:
- Notorious for airbag problems, usually caused by the sensor in the passenger seat but can be one or more of the connectors being loose.
- Goes through drop links like they're made of cheese. I've replaced mine twice in 20k miles.
- Rubbish suspension as standard. Noisy, lots of body roll.
- Original front springs can snap over time (same with any car really)
- Upper glovebox hinge breaks easily if not careful. Same with fuel flap, you'll see a lot of Stilos on the road with them missing.
- Some Stilos suffer from sticky handbrake cables/calipers (again, same with any car)

There's loads of positives though to outweigh the negatives. Mine has never let me down in the six years I've owned it, always got me home safe! :)

thank you. Great read, interesting about the galvanised chassis, the one I'm going to look at has "rust" staring on the sills. Had me a little worried but not so much now.

Back