Date for Silverstone "SuperSausage" meet:poll

Currently reading:
Date for Silverstone "SuperSausage" meet:poll

Date for Silverstone "SuperSausage" meet = POLL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please vote for ALL your preferred dates to meet up in the Silverstone area,

some TOURS are running on some weekends,
others may be happy to chat, and watch the trackside action of the Silverstone venue,

as always a great "diner" experience is to be had at the "Supersausage" cafe on the A5.

Charlie - Oxford

Last edited:
re: Date for Silverstone "SuperSausage" meet:poll

others may be happy to chat, and watch the trackside action of the Silverstone venue,

as always a great "diner" experience is to be had at the "Supersausage" cafe on the A5.

Charlie - Oxford

gadge,
getting anywhere with Luigi..??

I'll try and get a mod to tidy-up these posts today.. had issues with the poll - timing out, etc.. : - (

charlie

Yes I'm getting somewhere. I seemed (fingers crossed) to have cured the leaky head gasket by simply tightening up the head bolts. The misfiring was down to a dicky distributor so I repaired it using another for spares (and of course I replaced the dodgy points that almost thwarted me at MITTCAR :D). Just need to fit a new fuel pump as the current one is leaking fuel and put some stiffer shocks on........ After that I'll be good to go (y)

Charlie - Oxford

As usual I'm slightly :confused: Charlie..... :eek:

I thought I'd just read you'd suggested a tour on 12th October, but it's not in the poll?

Also in the other post you mention the weekend of 12th & 25th - is that both days?

Basically I'm going to vote for whenever there's a tour - do you know which day/s they are? I think 12th suits me best, so was :cry: when it's in your message but not the poll.

If I've missed something just correct me, then tell me to shut up! (y)

As usual I'm slightly :confused: Charlie..... :eek:

I thought I'd just read you'd suggested a tour on 12th October, but it's not in the poll?

Also in the other post you mention the weekend of 12th & 25th - is that both days?

Basically I'm going to vote for whenever there's a tour - do you know which day/s they are? I think 12th suits me best, so was :cry: when it's in your message but not the poll.

If I've missed something just correct me, then tell me to shut up! (y)

hi Gavin,
tried to post a cohesive sentence AND a POLL all in one go : - ),
never going to work was it..!!

the TOUR is a hospitality thing run by Silverstone.. no idea of great details.. but It's all on their website.

basically when a TOUR is on = the Café stays open,

I was told last time , that there was enough going on around the complex that the café would remain open.. it didn't..,

hence the option of running on a TOUR -day ; -)

FYI the "café" building houses a Northants TIC, and a small gift shop.

the Café has a "deck/terrace" where you can sit in comfort and watch the "Caterhams" doing their carpark donut routines.

I hope that helps.. a bit.. : - )

I'm off on my hols for 10 days,
so will only check here periodically..,

once a date is firmly set - I'll furnish MUCH more info,

cheers,
Charlie

Yes I'm getting somewhere. I seemed (fingers crossed) to have cured the leaky head gasket by simply tightening up the head bolts. The misfiring was down to a dicky distributor so I repaired it using another for spares (and of course I replaced the dodgy points that almost thwarted me at MITTCAR :D). Just need to fit a new fuel pump as the current one is leaking fuel and put some stiffer shocks on........ After that I'll be good to go (y)

good to hear..,
good to be wary of the fuel pump,

saw an ad yesterday for a tidy 126 in North wales,
had an minor fuel fire : - (

cheers all. (y)
I'm back in the UK now.. so should be able to get this thing in better shape, :rolleyes:

do you think it's worth circulating this POLL the the MI mailing list..,
or just let those "in the know" chose a TOP weekend date.:confused:

charlie

Well if it was me, I'd just dictate a date where 6 people have said they'll go. That way it will still look democratic, even if it isn't! It only becomes obvious that you're a Dictator if you say it's the day least people have voted for. That's the theory I work on anyway!

As I often say at the NEC - we're doing it this way, it's not a democracy!! (y)

Shock horror, they had run out of sausages this morning :eek: but I had a second egg instead so alls good :D . Food is just as good as it was before so no worries there :thumbup: .

I hope you all appreciate how much effort and sacrifice goes into this research to ensure a trouble free meet. I may have to do a return trip to monitor sausage deliveries, the things I do for you lot :rolleyes: :beer: :p

April meet has im on holiday ty
smile.gif

Back