Technical Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Hey,

So after my new engine (I knew about this issue when old engine packed up) one of the gaskets on the manifold is blowing, which i believe is n/s gasket, now here's the question....

On the engine now they are separate gaskets not a full one, now I've picked up a new gasket for it but its a full strip like this:

3JXCzo9.jpg

Also, am I able to remove the manifold by removing the bolts which I believe are 13 mil and take the olds out and slot this new gasket onto the studs then bolt on the mani or is it a complete removal of the mani and cat? Is it 13 mil at the exhaust flange?

Thanks!

Benny

i think benny you can remove the bolts pull the cat off enough to remove the old seal and slot new one on, just dont let the cat drop on its own weight - support it, or get somebody to hold it for you

The first nut you take off - dont take off all the way, leave about 2 turns so it grips well enough and is easy to reach top ones
Then remove rest :)

If you cant get the cat off because of inflexible flexi, yes iirc its 2x 13mm
Beaware they may be tight, but since they'll of had to of been removed, they should come out quiet easily for you

Ziggy

i think benny you can remove the bolts pull the cat off enough to remove the old seal and slot new one on, just dont let the cat drop on its own weight - support it, or get somebody to hold it for you

The first nut you take off - dont take off all the way, leave about 2 turns so it grips well enough and is easy to reach top ones
Then remove rest :)

If you cant get the cat off because of inflexible flexi, yes iirc its 2x 13mm
Beaware they may be tight, but since they'll of had to of been removed, they should come out quiet easily for you

Ziggy

Would I have to cut that gasket in half or can I just slot the new one in as a full gasket without cutting it? :) Cause as I mentioned and is probably same on your mani separate gaskets like for cyl 1-2 and then a gasket for cyl 3-4, the one i brought is like full stip as pic above jsut with that center piece, cause places I went before were gonna sell me separate ones but more expensive :confused:

Hi benny,

Your ones fine as a single piece. Should be fairly straight forward seeing as your engine hasn't been in long so shouldn't have the usual seized bolts/ studs (y)

Alan

Hi mate,

Nah it doesn't matter. As long as it seals around the exhaust ports themselves, the rest is irrelevant. If your worried you could chop it in half as it wouldn't hurt.

Alan

Back