Technical Fuel economy?

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel economy?

tomandsophie

My Cinq Sporting (bought last week) is giving me terrible fuel economy. I filled it up for £23 and it only did 186 miles before I had to fill up again. My last car was a Clio which did 300 miles for £25 and the car before was a Micra which did the same. I had heard that Cinqs where meant to be good on fuel!

The fuel economy will be related probably to your rough running. Re-check it when you get the car running perfect. Out of town at a steady sixty should give you 300miles+ no problem.

Liam

I have carefully removed the plastic cover from my mint condition cinquecento brochure to check out the fuel economy :eek:

The cinquecento s/sx should do-

42.6 mpg urban cycle
60.1 mpg at a constant 56mph
44.8 mpg constant 75 mph

The cinquecento sporting should do-

37.7 mpg urban cycle
60.1 mpg at a constant 56mph
44.8 mpg constant 75 mph

HTH

joe

*slides plastic cover back on brochure and puts it carefully under bed*

Last edited:
Wow 60 mpg, damn next time im on the motorway im driving at 60. Especially if it gets my 15 more mpg than 75mph

I get around 250-270 miles from a tank £22 optimax only!!!.

rallycinq said:
Did you fill the tank then do the 186 miles, then refill the tank with £23 worth of petrol. Or did you use the gauge. Cento fuel guages are only that, not instruments, and can vary wildly.

Cheers

D

Yes, I did what you said above (first one). However, I realised I may have not filled it to the top the first time. All a bit complicated. This tank of fuel seems to be doing a bit better! Anyway, will get the rough running sorted soon (hopefully - it's going to my local garage on Monday) and then I'll see what the economy is like...

Check the plugs & leads, its amazing how much they can affect the performance & fuel economy!
Up until 2 days ago I was running Bosch super 4s & new(ish leads), both had only done 9000 miles but my economy & performance was getting worse by the week. I've now changed the plugs & checked the leads & the car is running fantastically again.
Cinqs seem to eat spark plugs so its probably worth just replacing them with some standard replacements (£10 a set) every 6-7000 miles, rather than the expensive £20 + jobbies which will work nicely but fade away nearly as quickly. (y)

jamie86 said:
This doesn't really help you i know but i just got 218miles from £25.01 :D

Wow, that isn't too good either eh? My last car was a Renault Clio 1.2 and it got at least 290 miles from a £25 fill-up, and if I was taking it easy that would go up to around 310 miles. A Cinquecento should be much better than that

Don't know what all the complaints are, I just got 180ish miles for £30 of UItimate, tho it was 92p per/L so thats about 32.6L or 7.17gallons. (conversion is 4.545L to UK gallon)

If so thats 25 to the gallon, yikees!

Although I did just get 185 for £20 of fuel at 82p per/L which works out at roughly 35 to the gallon which i think is good!

Aaron.

Last edited:
Aaron,
35 to the gallon is terrible! I had a 1.8 litre VW Passat which did 38 mpg, and then a 1.2 litre Clio which did 50 mpg, and a 1 litre Micra which did 55 mpg! So 34 to the gallon for a Cinquecento is pretty awful!

Back