Technical Croma 1.9 mjet springs

Currently reading:
Technical Croma 1.9 mjet springs

wot4y

Posting this for info for anyone who needs to get new standard spring on a budget .

Had two springs brake last week ( one front and one back)
So out came the tools
Googled them and found out that the front are the same as a vectra c 1.9cdti
So no probs there.
Front. Kyb RH2661. £18 each. (y)
The rear on the other hand are unique to the croma axle weight 1030kg
Kyb RH6388 £69 each. (n)

So did a bit googling
Vectra c 1.9 cdti hatchback. Rear axle weight. 960kg. (To soft)
Vectra c 1.9 cdti estate. Rear axle weight. 1230kg (to hard)
Signum 1.9 cdti 03-08 plate. Rear axle weight. 1130 kg (closest match)

As I have a tow bar fitted I figured it weights about 50-60ish kg so the signum ones would be about right
Priced them up and there were only £30 each (y)
So fitted.
Kyb. RH2661 on front £18. Vectra croma ones
Kyb RJ6217 on rear £30. Signum. Ones

Kyb catalogue http://www.kyb-europe.com/pdf/2013-coil-springs.pdf#page151

Car sits and drives fine and iam happy .will try and post pic .
Hope this help someone in the future (y)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I know that passed a lot of time since this post, but i have same problem now...
Need pair of rear spring for Croma, 1.9Mjet 2007. In Fiat service asking me 272euro for pair. Its seems to expensive. I live in Luxembourg not so log ago, so i still dont know where i can search for on other side... Aditional problem makes cos everything is on French language which i still didnt learned well that i can google on french...
My question is can anyone help me like leave a link or something similar where i can order springs.

I know that passed a lot of time since this post, but i have same problem now...
Need pair of rear spring for Croma, 1.9Mjet 2007. In Fiat service asking me 272euro for pair. Its seems to expensive. I live in Luxembourg not so log ago, so i still dont know where i can search for on other side... Aditional problem makes cos everything is on French language which i still didnt learned well that i can google on french...
My question is can anyone help me like leave a link or something similar where i can order springs.

Hi,
Search on ebay for Kyb RH2661 and Kyb RJ6217
On ebay.co.uk there are multiple suppliers.

Robert G8RPI.

I replaced my Croma's springs with:

Kilen P/N:12168 (on box) / 78333 (on spring) / 7394410102533 (next to bar code)
Kilen P/N:52132 (on box) / 78347 (on spring) / 7394410102670 (next to bar code)

So much better and stronger than the original springs.

Fiat original springs are made from "tapered wire" coil diameter and fail on the thinner coil spring diameter.

The referenced Kilen springs (and some other after market OEM replacements) use a continual same diameter spring coil wire.

Spring wire tapering gives a softer/smoother response for small loadings and firmer response for higher loadings. THE BIG downside is that they are known to fail and always at the weakest point which is always at the thinnest coil wire diameter.

You could call this manufacturer's smoke and mirrors attempts to give the best ride in new cars (being evaluated by the press) and once all done and out of warranty we don't give a "monkeys"!. All carefully designed and crafted!!!!!

Back