General PANDA 750cc REBUILD.

Currently reading:
General PANDA 750cc REBUILD.

KyleHillerby

Hi fellow panda lovers, i own a 1991 fiat panda 750cc, it has been sitting around for a while looking pritty sad so i was thinking of restoring it. So i shall be updating this thread, I already have a 1000cc panda engine to replace the 750cc one, I was thinking of getting a coilover kit for the suspension , alloys wheels, possibly a re-spray. well my plan really is just to get it looking really tidy and a car you can use day to day, and to handle the road better. i already have the 750 engine out and the 1000cc engine in bits re-building it. and started the engine bay strip down,

I will keep this updated, maybe two times a week, suggest any ideas if you want :p

Attachments

• 20121110_135622.jpg
    20121110_135622.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 249
Yeah i know what you both mean its just because its my 1st car and i am going to keep it for a good few year and the 750 is a bit slow for me, im still keeping the 750 engine and i got the 1L for free :D

Yeah i know what you both mean its just because its my 1st car and i am going to keep it for a good few year and the 750 is a bit slow for me, im still keeping the 750 engine and i got the 1L for free :D

Nope, still don't follow, 750L was my first car and loved it to bits, also whats your insurance going to cost as a new driver with a car which is going to be classed as heavily modified?

Better off keeping it as a 750L and buying a 1L Panda if thats what you want.

Don't think many others will like the idea of what you're doing either. :(

In some ways I'd rather a Panda is kept going even if it's changed. If there's nothing wrong with the 750 though it seems a shame to change it. The 750 is a lovely engine and they are getting scarce.

Plenty of 999's out there - stick the 750 in storage until you restore it properly, and buy a 1000CL (with the 4 speed box - faster!) to hack around in until then. Just a thought (y)

i know, it is going to be expensive to insure but i can afford it, okay maybe not coilover buts lowering springs, its just a project that im going to be working on and im open to any ideas and advice (y)

cant argue against free parts but im not sure an extra 250cc will make all that difference. i have a 1L panda and its fun to drive but not fast by any means (body roll in the corners is the best :slayer:) . perhaps mated with a cinq sporting gearbox (different ratios) it may give the performance increase you want but with the insurance increase your gonna in-counter i would honestly advise against this. i would view the 750 as a "mobile no claims generator" and stick with it for a while.

still, its your car and your project so any questions you have im sure we would still happily answer :)

yeah if its free its a bargin haha! i know it wont add much power at all but its still a improvement, and the body roll, thats why i want lowering springs and to make it look better, Yeah thats maybe something to look into at somepoint, :p yeah thanks for the advice jetz500 :)

You go for it, seems to be a lot of 'you're ruining a rare car:nono:' going on on here all of a sudden. It's your car and we're not short of basically standard cars on here. Mind you if you want a lowered 999 in red how about this one:
https://www.fiatforum.com/auction-watch/322994-panda-coupe.html
some ideas to chew on if nothing else(y)
Look forward to seeing progress.

Cheers (Y) it can always go back to standard if possible, just swap the engine back and put normal springs on :) its not much! Basically im just stripping it right down, cleaning and paiting everything again, new seals , rubbers and so on, Should be alright once im finished !

Thanks, You finding your way around okay haha ? Yeah i know everyone on this forum is very help full and know what they are talking about :) do you own a panda ?

Back