Technical heater not hot again

Currently reading:
Technical heater not hot again

owner511

Hi my heater is not getting hot , my temp gauge stays in the middle when standing still and only moves slightly down and up when moving but only down to the first line above quarter so i don't think its the thermostat , when standing still the water pipe going into the heater is red hot the pipe coming out is Luke warm just like the heater it only gets luke warm i can not find a bleed screw on the back of the engine anywhere please help

Not sure about the 1.4 but my 1.2 has a bleed screw (black plastic) mounted in a hose behind the throttle body.

hope this may help ?

thanks i cart find the one on the back, only the top of the rad ?

Mine had the same problem, I put a stat in, no difference I cured it by flushing water through heater matrix about 4 times. That sorted it right out.

Just an update on this! I replace my thermostat today and my temp is bang in the middle again and toasty hot heater again!

My technique for getting rid of air in the system was leave expansion bottle lid off. Start car and let I run and warm up. There was still a airlock somewhere so I squeezed the pipe coming out of the thermostat a couple of times and this pushed coolant into the expansion tank! The airlock soon followed and bubbled up in the expansion tank!

Jobs a good 'un!

Back