Sat nav adapter for 500

Currently reading:
Sat nav adapter for 500

Phyl500

Hi ,

I have just had 500 lounge and would like to use my TomTom xl in the dash dock to give it power. Not bothered with the blue me connection.

Is there an adapter available to do this? :)

Hi there, I would also like to know the answer to this question.

We have just got my wife a Fiat 500 yesterday and it came without the sat nav (it still has the dock that goes into the port on the dash).

After reading many posts about the blue&me sat nav that comes with it we're really not interested in that device anyway. I have a Garmin myself and would probably buy another Garmin specifically for her (as all the Tom-Tom's we've had previous to this have died on us at a critical time, left us stranded in the middle of the alps for one.... ) as we have found them to be about the best.

So please can someone point me in the right direction to get some sort of adapter we can use in order to use the docking station.

Thanks in advance

Lee.

PS. if there are no adapters which would make the Garmin compatible I do not mind using another make of device, just so long as it is a decent and full functional device (not the Tom-Tom rubbish).

Thanks again!

Buy a blue & me mount from eBay (about £40) and then modify it to pick up the 5v and physically mount the garmin. I'll be doing this to mount my phone once I've finished my built-in sat nav mod ;)

I have a few sat nav genuine ports that the tom tom just rests in to charge...bit fiddly to fit as you gotta mark and drill dash ,simple wiring instructions supplied...earth and live..its brand new..pm me ill send you a picture..

Back