Cleaning windscreen

Currently reading:
Cleaning windscreen

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for cleaning the windscreen?

I've tried using glass cleaner on mine, applying with a soft cloth and buffing with a microfibre.

After looking spotless though, as soon as the sun shines, it's like I've not even cleaned it.

I spent a good half hour last week trying to clean it but nothing seems to do the job, and when it does work, the stuff I cleaned it with shines as much as dirt does etc.

Thanks in advance!

Ordinary household glass cleaners are no use, something to so with the silicon or something. Autoglym Glass Polish is my favourite, I hear good things about Fast Glass too. Pretty much anything auto specific will work better than Mr Sheen ;)

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for cleaning the windscreen?

I've tried using glass cleaner on mine, applying with a soft cloth and buffing with a microfibre.

After looking spotless though, as soon as the sun shines, it's like I've not even cleaned it.

I spent a good half hour last week trying to clean it but nothing seems to do the job, and when it does work, the stuff I cleaned it with shines as much as dirt does etc.

I've been using Meguiars for a while, now; and it's one of the few glass cleaners, I've found, that doesn't leave anything behind. And it works well, even when there's a load of cr*p on the windscreen. Doesn't even take that much effort to polish out, either... -- although a clean microfibre cloth definitely helps! :)

Good luck...! (y)

excellent sounds like good stuff. no matter what i do it always seems to be 'rough' with dirt and crap still. Hopefully something like this will do the job,

That stuff will take off glue left behind from ripping off sticky tax disc holders. Creams take slightly longer to use than evaporating liquid type cleaners, but they always take off more crud.

brilliant, just what I need tbh. I had to grind a bolt out of the engine once and although i covered it, sparks still got to the windscreen and hence little bits of stuff gets stuck in them tiny dents. It's barely visible, but when covered in dirt it becomes an annoyance.

also, does anyone use anything to keep the windows clean for as long as possible? e.g. last week I cleaned the windows, after ~20 mins of driving, it seemed everything from the road had just glued to the glass.

Andy Monty - both mate :)

thanks for the other replies! looks like ill have to invest in some new cleaner. Do you use the same stuff for the other windows too? Just curious

Was just going to worn you that if using a "glass polish" inside to use it VERY sparingly...... or you will end up with dust everywhere.......

Ive been using this a lot lately

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/polishing/g4-glass-nano-polish/

with distilled water to remove works very well but again less is more (oh and its a small bottle lol)

Mr. Sheen for the inside with an old cotton t-shirt to clean off. Does a superb job and is cheap. Rain water for the outside! Sounds bizarre but rain water from our water butt in the garden cleans the windows better than anything i've ever used. Most probably the acid from pollution in it.

Back