Technical 2007 doblo

Currently reading:
Technical 2007 doblo

Fattony81

Hi

Just joined the forum as I have an issue with my glow plugs, it's the 1.9jtd engine and the glow plug light has flashed since I owned the van - from 33k miles, it's just started to take a few attempts to start so I'm looking into replacing the glow plugs.

I've been advised to spray them with penetrating fluid the night before (WD40 I assume) but I'm not sure where the plugs actually are, any photos or guidance would be appreciated.

Also I initially assumed it would be a socket set to undo them but I've been told to get the spanner, what is better / easier?

Lastly other than my knackard egr valve I have an odd intermittent problem with my headlights, they are switching off and off like there is a loose connection, I can get the lights to fail by slowly moving the indicator stalk l, I wondered if anyone had any problems with this before?

Thanks very much

For the headlights some have recommended spraying contact cleaner behind the rubber cover at the base of the stalk.

thanks very much, I did read a bit about that after posting, can anyone help with the glow plugs?

There is a thread called doblo glow plugs that outlines the procedure. If you search with "Doblo glow plugs" it's on the second page. Sorry, can't post links on my phone.

I use plusgas as a penetrating fluid.
May also be worth getting the engine nice and hot - different rates of expansion & all that - and hitting the plug with a blast of cold air to cool it quickly & encourage shrinkage.

Back