Technical No Glow Plug Light

Currently reading:
Technical No Glow Plug Light

C Unit

Hi,
Went out to the 'bus' the other week and wouldn't start, just cranks over, with no glow plug light on at all, was hoping the compression would ignite, but it's still too ruddy cold here. Engine has done 100k ('04 MK2 2.0JTD)
Thinking the relay had fried, changed over with no effect. Have the wiring diagrams for the components but it's not very clear on what wires do what on the relay, checked the largest gauge wire going in thinking it should be the main, however only got 3.5v from it?? (give or take). Anyone got any further ideas? thought if glow plugs had fried, then light would still come on, and stay on.
Fuel is being primed into the filter ok enough and dash is bleeping at me once I remove the key after failed attempt. Would take it to peugoet to have the ODB2 read (since it's their engine) but can't get it there.
Further to that had intermittent 'limp mode' issues prior and intermittent 'anti pollution' fault, but I put this down to damaged Air Mass Sensor and leaking fuel filter housing, which since been repaired whilst off the road.

Might be worth buying a fault code reader (do you have a laptop/computer)

Do a Google search fro Lexia3.

You can buy them on ebay for about £100, use it and then sell it on when your finished, cheaper than getting it checked by the dealer which you can't do anyway.

The Peugeot forum have a map of members who own a Lexia and are happy to check codes for other members, It might be worth joining that forum as the Ulysse is essentially the same a the 807, (think the closest member to you is in Ashington)

I had a similar problem recently but it turned out that my timing was out slightly after a cambelt change.

Even now the Glow plug light on the dash only comes on sometimes but she still fires up.

Mav

Ok can't really get quick access to code reader. Will check the status of the chain later on, was going to remove the glow plugs and test/replace them, but I can't even figure out how to remove the plastic power feed that's on top of them.
I've got a can of easy start which I may try first, if that fails, then it's a good chance the chain has gone, in which case I'll be looking for some head - sorry, a head.

Still, no plug light is curious though - ever hopeful!
Oh, sorted +12v feed to relay, but it still no go!

Oh the joys.....

Last edited:
:update

Tried 'Easystart' and it did fire up (though it sounded like a combine harvester) then immediately cut out with or without changes on throttle position.
So....I know the chain is still intact, what else? is there a fuel cut off? I know the rear pump is working ok as it primed the filter housing easy enough. Could it be an immobiliser issue and if so, how can I test, reset or disable this.

:bang:

Back