Technical panda eco remote central locking kit fitting

Currently reading:
Technical panda eco remote central locking kit fitting

mulaz

Hello
i have had my eco 2010 Panda for only a few weeks but the one thing that really ***** me off is the lack of remote central locking,
Fumbling in the dark to open a 21st century car is ridiculous
i only needed to motorize the drivers door lock to fully lock and unlock the whole car
So today i fitted a Hawk remote central locking kit to my 2010 eco panda.
£22 off ebay.
This afterwards was not the easiest job but worth it and my efforts may help others.

To start off when i took the drivers door cards off i found cable operated door locks and not rods.
so connecting the actuators has to be done at the door pull mechanism , you will find just enough room to fit the actuator clamp on the brass cable end connector. .
next was finding a position to place the motor actuator so that the door cards would not foul and after many hours of experiments and pulling may hair out i found that the only place to fit the actuators are in the space where the door tweeters should be , These have been left out for money saving so you have some room to fit the motor
But placing the unit hear in front of the door pull meant that the actuator wiring has to be reversed so that it pushed instead of pulled. i drilled and tapped 4mm holes to bolt the actuator to the door frame a few inches in front of the door pull.
a quick fiddle with the wiring was done. i found that that the main actuator has 5 wires and only 3 needs to be connected and 2 of these need swapping over to reverse the motor.
putting the door card back on the door with the actuator in place and fitting the connecting rod was ridiculously tricky but it can be done.
i then had to sort out routing the cables through the door into the foot well etc and final wiring also took some time but worth the effort
i will try to take some pictures and post these in due course
but it can be done for £22 and a afternoon of fiddling :)

How much have your insurance company charged you upon declaring the none OEM modification :confused:

I'm thinking (when I get round to it) of having the alarm company fit central locking to my car, so I can open the doors on the alarm blipper. I wouldn't dream of declaring this to my insurance company in all honesty. They already have the details for the alarm which was a requirement. This is on my old car, not a Panda.

So in the OP's position it wouldn't cross my mind to call my insurance about that.

I'm thinking (when I get round to it) of having the alarm company fit central locking to my car, so I can open the doors on the alarm blipper. I wouldn't dream of declaring this to my insurance company in all honesty. They already have the details for the alarm which was a requirement. This is on my old car, not a Panda.

So in the OP's position it wouldn't cross my mind to call my insurance about that.

Well it would be an idea to, it's a fairly major modification to the vehicles security system, all you'd need is someone with a code grabber for some of these cheaper systems and they're in!

But who am I to advise.....

In your case though if the insurance company are all ready aware of the alarm, which would be operating the locking then it's a slightly different matter and I'd be tempted to agree, in the OPs case though they are aware of no mods at all.

Last edited:
Hello
i have had my eco 2010 Panda for only a few weeks but the one thing that really ***** me off is the lack of remote central locking,
Fumbling in the dark to open a 21st century car is ridiculous
i only needed to motorize the drivers door lock to fully lock and unlock the whole car
So today i fitted a Hawk remote central locking kit to my 2010 eco panda.
£22 off ebay.
This afterwards was not the easiest job but worth it and my efforts may help others.

To start off when i took the drivers door cards off i found cable operated door locks and not rods.
so connecting the actuators has to be done at the door pull mechanism , you will find just enough room to fit the actuator clamp on the brass cable end connector. .
next was finding a position to place the motor actuator so that the door cards would not foul and after many hours of experiments and pulling may hair out i found that the only place to fit the actuators are in the space where the door tweeters should be , These have been left out for money saving so you have some room to fit the motor
But placing the unit hear in front of the door pull meant that the actuator wiring has to be reversed so that it pushed instead of pulled. i drilled and tapped 4mm holes to bolt the actuator to the door frame a few inches in front of the door pull.
a quick fiddle with the wiring was done. i found that that the main actuator has 5 wires and only 3 needs to be connected and 2 of these need swapping over to reverse the motor.
putting the door card back on the door with the actuator in place and fitting the connecting rod was ridiculously tricky but it can be done.
i then had to sort out routing the cables through the door into the foot well etc and final wiring also took some time but worth the effort
i will try to take some pictures and post these in due course
but it can be done for £22 and a afternoon of fiddling :)

Looks like ive got the same job to do on my wifes panda active she has just bought its got cdl but no fob, did you ever manage to get any photos thanks

Ive just finished fitting a remote central locking kit, which I boughton amazon for 11 quid, however i went about it a slightly different way.
If you can get your hands on a lock from a passenger door from a scrapyard, you can dissasemble the lock and remove the motor from it.
Then disassemble the drivers door lock and put the motor in that, it just presses in the slot. Hook up two wires to it, feeding them through the clear snap on cover which hides the end of the cable connected to the interior door handle ( you'll need to cut a notch in this cover to make space, I sealedaround it with blu tac)
Feed the cables through the door to the fuse box area, hook these up to your kit and bobs your uncle.
For power I found the fuse that runs the headunit (and dash clock) which will be permenantly live, and used a spur fuse (see attachment)
My local halfords had these in their audio fitting toolbox(not on shop floor, ask!)
This has space for two fuses, one for the fuse the spur replaces andvanother for the live feed
This removes the need for modification of any existing wiring in your car! Really useful.

If you would like a step by step guide then I can write one up, unless my post above makes enough sense? Either way, feel free to ask more about it.

Certainly my method is easier as you dont need to find a place to position a solenoid switch and figure out how to succesfully hook it up to the lock cable.

Attachments

• NX-BSF-PK.jpg
    NX-BSF-PK.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 221
Hi guys

I have read your post with interest, I have a 2007 panda active.

Since i'm from Denmark, my driver side is your passenger side, so I was wondering if those found on ebay could help me.

I hope that if I could find one that is passenger side I would fit right in? or am I wrong?

Perhaps this one:
ohh I'm not allowed to link yet... but the description is:
Fiat Panda - 5Dr - Central Locking Motor / Mechanism - Passenger Side Front
27£

After that I would only need the remote part kit, but they are sold almost everywhere.

Br. Niels

2011 Panda Active Remote locking -Appreciate some help.

Hi All,

I have a Fiat Panda Active 1.2 which comes with central locking only. As I am disabled, my hubby thought to make my life easier he would pay for remote locking to help me. However the company who was going to fit it advised that a part for the drivers door lock needs to be fitted first. Something about an actuator?

To cut a very long story short, for the last week I have rang all Fiat Dealers and been told the part needs to come from Turin Italy. I had ordered the part through the dealer, and this evening I have received a call from FCA Technical, advising that the order has been cancelled and that I will be refunded. There is one part based in Greece but that is not compatible with my Panda. It would seem the part is discontinued.

Naturally am very disappointed and mad as hell with Fiat. My hubby is good with Diy but not car electrics. If anyone is based in the North East of England that may be able to help me in getting my Panda to have what's needed for working remote central locking, I will make reasonable financial restitution for time and supply of parts, along with plenty of Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and as much cake-bickies.

Paula

Re: 2011 Panda Active Remote locking -Appreciate some help.

Hi All,

I have a Fiat Panda Active 1.2 which comes with central locking only. As I am disabled, my hubby thought to make my life easier he would pay for remote locking to help me. However the company who was going to fit it advised that a part for the drivers door lock needs to be fitted first. Something about an actuator?

To cut a very long story short, for the last week I have rang all Fiat Dealers and been told the part needs to come from Turin Italy. I had ordered the part through the dealer, and this evening I have received a call from FCA Technical, advising that the order has been cancelled and that I will be refunded. There is one part based in Greece but that is not compatible with my Panda. It would seem the part is discontinued.

Naturally am very disappointed and mad as hell with Fiat. My hubby is good with Diy but not car electrics. If anyone is based in the North East of England that may be able to help me in getting my Panda to have what's needed for working remote central locking, I will make reasonable financial restitution for time and supply of parts, along with plenty of Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and as much cake-bickies.

Paula

Paula, the drivers inner door lock / catch from any Panda with isn't and Active will have a built in actuator which you'll need to enable fully remote locking to be fitted. So one from a Dynamic, Eleganza or 100hp from a scrapyard should be adequate for you.

Re: 2011 Panda Active Remote locking -Appreciate some help.

Am pleased to say that finally my little Panda Active now has remote central locking fitted. It's wonderful to be able press a button and lock or unlock the car.

I must say thank you to all who got in touch and advised what was needed. My thanks to Kaye Seaton at Fiat UK whose invaluable help made this possible, by sourcing the part for the door. (I suggest that the 4 Fiat Dealerships in the North East send their parts staff back to technical school) Also my thanks to the auto electrician who kindly fitted the part along with the remote locking kit. I am one very happy lady panda owner.

Paula

Ps. I loved my Fiat Panda 45 mk 1 it's reg number was A90 GLA. Very happy days and memories. :)

Ive just finished fitting a remote central locking kit, which I boughton amazon for 11 quid, however i went about it a slightly different way.
If you can get your hands on a lock from a passenger door from a scrapyard, you can dissasemble the lock and remove the motor from it.
Then disassemble the drivers door lock and put the motor in that, it just presses in the slot. Hook up two wires to it, feeding them through the clear snap on cover which hides the end of the cable connected to the interior door handle ( you'll need to cut a notch in this cover to make space, I sealedaround it with blu tac)
Feed the cables through the door to the fuse box area, hook these up to your kit and bobs your uncle.
For power I found the fuse that runs the headunit (and dash clock) which will be permenantly live, and used a spur fuse (see attachment)
My local halfords had these in their audio fitting toolbox(not on shop floor, ask!)
This has space for two fuses, one for the fuse the spur replaces andvanother for the live feed
This removes the need for modification of any existing wiring in your car! Really useful.

If you would like a step by step guide then I can write one up, unless my post above makes enough sense? Either way, feel free to ask more about it.

Certainly my method is easier as you dont need to find a place to position a solenoid switch and figure out how to succesfully hook it up to the lock cable.
Hello there! I've had the same issue with my panda since it came with no central locking system fitted. After installing an aftermarket central locking system, at first I thought there was a problem with the electromagnetic door lock on the driver's side but didn't really have the time to look into it until now that I stumbled open your post. I would be grateful if you could help with photos or step by step guide on how to install the door lock on the drivers side as well as links so as to buy the correct part. I have a 2011 panda 1242 engine. Looking forward to your response!

Back