DSC03178-2.jpg

Uno '99 Fiat Uno Mia 1.1

Introduction

Hi everyone, I joined this forum soon after I bought my first Fiat about two months back and thought I'll post a couple of pictures. This Uno is the third car that I've bought, the previous ones being a '86 VW Jetta 1.6 MK2 (sold it to my uncle who needed a car) and a '85 Audi 500se 5 speed manual. (I still have the Audi, but it has been parked for approx. three years because of some accident damage and myself being to lazy to fix it.)

I promised myself that the next car that I buy would be a two door, preferably a '80s Porsche but then I saw this Uno at a secondhand car dealer and I just had to have it.

I don't have any future upgrade plans for it at the moment, maybe some nice alloys if I can find some that I fancy. (unfortunately my choice in alloys is limited where I live because the Uno's PCT is 98X4.

DSC03179-2.jpg

DSC03178-2.jpg

DSC03180-2.jpg

DSC03183-2.jpg

DSC03181-2.jpg
Yes that's right alexetttor it's the FIRE engine. I'm really impressed by these little 1.1 engines, they are so nippy! The first Uno that I drove was that of my boss, he used to let me drive his Uno when I had to take his housekeeper home. I must admit thought that I wasn't impressed by the Uno at all at that stage, but now that I own one myself I realise what nice little cars they actually are.

I will probably drive this car for another three years or so and then I would love to buy a band new Punto, I just love the looks of the Punto.

I used to own a white uno like that, I cut the centre bar out of the grill, smoothed the gaps where it had been, then meshed the back of it because I preferred it, tbf mine was 999c so it was sporty as a pair of wellies but yours looks good, amazing what a good climate does for the longevity of fiat bodywork.

Thank you Steven, here in South Africa the Uno is still very common sight and 90% of them still looks like brand new. I'm also considering getting a mesh grille, we are fortunate that these grilles are ready made for us so I can go to my local accessories shop and buy a brand new one. (they are fairly cheap as well, you might want to check out this link to see what's available for our Uno's in South Africa http://www.autostyle.co.za/prodlist.php?cid=Fiat&pg=1&showall=1)

I'm looking for a nice set of alloys for my Uno, but choices are usually limited to one or two styles, none that I fancy. I was wondering if the new Fiat 500 alloys would fit an Uno, I would probably be able to get hold of a set at a local used car parts dealer.

Hi,
Here's a couple of pics of my Uno Mia 1.1. These were taken a while ago and since then I've tinted the windows with a light gray film, it makes her look a lot better. The wheels are 13 inch Tigers, with 155/70 tyres. I like to keep things pretty original where possible! You're right though, these are nippy little cars and mine often leaves others behind at the lights! Good luck with your Uno.

Attachments

• 28102008032.jpg
    28102008032.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 28102008033.jpg
    28102008033.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 104
Hi,
Here's a couple of pics of my Uno Mia 1.1. These were taken a while ago and since then I've tinted the windows with a light gray film, it makes her look a lot better. The wheels are 13 inch Tigers, with 155/70 tyres. I like to keep things pretty original where possible! You're right though, these are nippy little cars and mine often leaves others behind at the lights! Good luck with your Uno.

I love it ;)

Hi,

Your Mia is beautiful (nice and shiny, got to take some better photos of my Mia this weekend), and I love the alloys as well! My local TWT dealer does not have those alloys in stock and are extremely expensive, they quoted me R3000-00 for a set of 13"s, and R5000-00 fitted with 155/55's!

I've thought about tinting just the back windows, but I kinda like the way my Mia looks now. I would love to see what your Mia looks like now.

I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow so you can see what she looks like with the tints - watch this space!

Nice car, especially the wheels looks good now.
Only the front lights in my opinion are worse than standard ones.
Have you thought about lower suspension?

Thank you, I would have bought clear headlight covers if those were available but unfortunately I had to take what was available. I don't plan on lowering my car, just love the high ride hight/comfort and better clearance over the numerous big speed humps in my town.

Back