Fiat Scotland

Currently reading:
Fiat Scotland

Just a reminder for anyone north of the border about www.fiat-scotland.com

We run a number of meets throughout the country, most in conjunction with Fiat Forum.

We've at least two more meets before the end of the year, including Glasgow on the 8th October and our Christmas weekender at the end of November.

Please feel free to have a look around our wee site and hopefully see a few new faces at the next couple of meets :)

Cheers,
Martyn

Just a wee bump, we've had a quick lick of paint over the winter months plus a spit and polish and we're good to go for show season.

We'll be at Cupar next weekend and then a few of us are joining in the FF stand at Stanford the weekend after :)

So if you're based in Scotland an own a Fiat, or just have an interest in Fiats, check us out!

www.fiat-scotland.com

Just looked at the site, looks good :) will member up tomorrow, and I've been looking to maybe start going to meets, but they're normally a million miles away from me.

Just a wee reminder for anyone north of the border - there is a lively Italian Car Scene up here in Scotland!

Fiat Scotland is about to enter it's 10th year and all of our meets are run in conjunction with Fiat Forum :)

If you've not signed up already then why not take a minute to browse our forums and get registered. Like here on FF, it's all free (y)

Time for a bump as we're getting close to show season :)

Fiat Scotland organises a number of shows and meets throughout the year in conjunction with Fiat Forum. Our main shows are the Scottish Italian Car Day at Cupar in Fife and the West Coast Rally in Irvine, Ayrshire. We also hold a number of popular mini-meets across Scotland which is no mean feat considering we account for over 32% of land mass but have less than 10% of population.

What can I say? We're dedicated Fiat owners (y)

If you're interested in joining us for any of our meets keep an eye out in the events section as we'll be updating it as the season progresses

All welcome

The new look for Fiat Scotland was launched yesterday evening. We're still working on a few things but the site is functional and we're back to organising meets and things. Our apologies to anyone who got redirected to not-so-family friendly sites when we got hacked but that problem has been removed now and and all URLs are working correctly. Both www.fiat-scotland.com and www.fiatscotland.co.uk take you to the forum

Our next meet is in Dundee on September 20th at 11:30 am DD2 3SQ. the format will be meet up/chat, go for a drive somewhere nice to get pictures of the cars, get food, more driving and more pictures. All are welcome :)

I'd forgotten about that :eek:

So here's the story

Many, many years ago there used to be an annual event in my home town called the Ythan Raft race. Teams would build their rafts out of whatever they could find such as old inner tubes, empty oil barrels, wooden pallets etc. and then float/sink down the river for a couple of miles or so to the finishing line.

Some of the rafts were brilliant but most were haphazardly put together either by kids or by adults who should know better but had been in a session down the pub. It was all for charity and a great laugh with pretty much the whole town plus a lot of the surrounding area turning out to watch. Unfortunately it became too much work for the organiser and the costs to run it spiralled thanks to good 'ol health and safety so it got cancelled.

Many folks have tried to get it going again and last year yet another attempt at resurrecting it took place and was very nearly successful. A few of us on FS were up for putting a raft in if it went ahead however it isn't happening so we're staying on dry land.

Have a vid from 1991

tl:dr? If charity raft race had gone ahead FS are stupid enough to enter a raft :D

HI, New to the fiat forum site and ive just found this page for fiat scotland. Would i register with the scotland forum with the profile im using for the fiat forum site or would it have to be a new one.
Cheers

HI, New to the fiat forum site and ive just found this page for fiat scotland. Would i register with the scotland forum with the profile im using for the fiat forum site or would it have to be a new one.
Cheers

Good morning, FS is a different forum to FF so you would need to do a new registration with us however it's quick and easy and of course free. We're still members of FF and try to get to at least one show south of the border each year but have our own separate website and organise meets and shows up north

Our next show is the Scottish Italian Car Day near Cupar if you're interested

Back