Tuning grande punto 1.9 diesel sporting tuning

Currently reading:
Tuning grande punto 1.9 diesel sporting tuning

yes remap is indeed the only way, (unless you want a tmc tuning box for £99 that is easy to fit and remove and gives you a smile a mile performance boost) :) oh dear another whos best thread lol

yes remap is indeed the only way, (unless you want a tmc tuning box for £99 that is easy to fit and remove and gives you a smile a mile performance boost) :) oh dear another whos best thread lol

These have gone up in price now to £299.

TMC has told me they have discontinued the old box and brought a new one which also controls boost pressure so is pretty much a remap.

These have gone up in price now to £299.

TMC has told me they have discontinued the old box and brought a new one which also controls boost pressure so is pretty much a remap.

Its £330 retail, £250 to forum members. It controls both fuel and turbo pressure. :)

On the subject of tuning boxes... Can a tuning box cause excessive fuel flow when trying to start the engine, and therefore cause starting problems?

Our multi channel kit will give circa 25% gains, it alters fuelling and turbo pressure just as a remap does so should give similar results. The difference between the this and a remap is with this you have a piece of electronic hardware which you can remove in 5 mins and put on your next car.

Oh rite so it's the same as a remap with similar results but enables u to take it out for fibbing to the the insurance Feds? I've just emailed a company for a quote on a remap promising 58bhp so would a TMC box get close to tht then? I'm looking for a max bhp increase cos I've gone from a 225bhp st to my punto. And now I'm wanting to smarten it up a little but with the usual Italian flare. Thanks

So for the 1.9 diesel we would be looking at 25% of 130bhp? which works out at +32.5bhp, taking the 1.9 up to 162.5?

This isnt much more than the increases for the cheaper tuning box, and other good quality tuning boxes, for example from ProBitz.

So I cannot see what advantage there is in getting the £250 box?

TMC perhaps you can explain a bit more about what you get for your £250, and why it is worth it?

Last edited:
£250 for a generic plug in map seems a lot to me considering i am getting a custom map done for £200. Surely a custom map written for your car on a RR is going to give better results than a generic plug and play map.

If you can still buy the old box new for a £100 that did seem a good deal as although it probably didn't get the very best out your engine people said they where getting better fuel economy and increased power. For half the price of a custom map you are getting a lot for your money.

Back