IMG_2152.PNG

Grande Punto Bens grande - 'SMOG'.

Introduction

SMOG. (Page 9 is where things get interesting)

Smog...
day i got her:

IMG_2152.PNG

year later:

smog.jpg

mods so far:

-De-Punto
-Rear window tint (removed side windows and left boot tint)
-Chrome grill trim (removed)
-Dotz Mugello 17x8 Alloys
-Red fiat badges
-AUX input to stock headunit
-Chrome indicator bulbs in headlights
-bright white bulbs
-chrome mirror caps (i switch my mirror caps between my 3 sets weekly :p)
-debadged grill (removed)
-FK AK STREET coilovers
-de-wiper
-tinted side repeaters
-tinted rear lights
-carbon fibre dash
-headlights tinted (removed, looked naff. waste of £50)
-Linea Grill
-Red LED footwell lights
-more new bulbs

to do:

-more dishy alloys!
-Debadge rear
-black drums, red calipers
-smoothed bumper
-ICE install
-abarth heads (had some for a week but they were the wrong fitment so sold them to my mate giving me the money to get the coils)
-GSR
-powerflow exhaust​

-Ben​
Re: Bens grande - 'SMOG'

Lucky boy :p, My First car was a Punto Mk1, I got it when i was 16, Still got it, but i got my Bravo now :D, But You're lucky you got a very nice and clean 06 Punto, Gonna keep a check on this page :)

Lucky boy :p, My First car was a Punto Mk1, I got it when i was 16, Still got it, but i got my Bravo now :D, But You're lucky you got a very nice and clean 06 Punto, Gonna keep a check on this page :)

haha thanks. alot of people have been saying im lucky haha. been working my ass off in my part time job to get the money haha. i bought the car and my parents agreed to pay the insurance :p
just ordered a chrome trim which goes round the two front grilles think im deffo guna go for the black and chrome theme :p get some black alloys with a polished lip as soon as i get the money :)

yeah i know thats whats holding me back from major modifications at the minute. what sort of things do you need to declare? surely not some window tint!? and when you do declare does it add to your monthly installments or do you just pay a one off? not sure how it works :/

Yeah window tint will need to be declared, anything that is not standard on the car is classed as a mod.

I pay a one off fee for mods but I pay my premium yearly, if you pay monthly it normally goes ontop of your monthly total, although you can ask to pay it as a one off I would imagine.

okay little help someone.
thinking of debadging the front... but on the back i have the blue fiat emblem. can i just take this off and change for the red one or is there bodywork involved? want to follow the guide to make my own custom coloured one. (make the red section black so its chrome and black)
but yeah can i just change it for the new style one?

Yeah window tint will need to be declared, anything that is not standard on the car is classed as a mod.

I pay a one off fee for mods but I pay my premium yearly, if you pay monthly it normally goes ontop of your monthly total, although you can ask to pay it as a one off I would imagine.

See when you change to flat blade wiper, do i need to tell them ? What about magic tree ?? :p

Ming

The red and blue badges are the same size as far as im aware mate! Venom motorsport for ya badgless front grill. Cheapest around and matches the bottom grill. The back badge is screwed on aswell as glued so need to remove the panel on the boot to get it off! Black alloys on a black car can look a bit pants depending on the alloys, if your going for a black and chrome theme would keep ya alloys silver! Try get some fiat alloys, like sporting or similar think theres always some up for sale for quite cheap really! Don't need to tell insurance then either!

Thanks for the help mate. Don't think I'll debadge the grill anymore it looks stupid debadged and with the chrome trim that I just got. So how do I go about puttting a red badge on the front do I just take the grill off and unscrew it? Or do I need a new grill with the new badge already fitted?
Lol I have so many questions.

okay slight update :cool:

got the back windows all tinted dark blackkk
IMG_2287.JPG

got some chrome trim around the front grills.
Before:
IMG_2285.JPG

After:
IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2288.JPG

pictures of that dont do it much justice but it does look nice :p

annnnnd the big thing is that i got some allloysssss :D will hopefully be fitted on sunday so ill put some pics up. didnt get black because i thought it might look a little too chavvy. may change my mind and get them sprayed but i purchased the:
Dotz Mugello 17"
i like the deep dish style so hope they will fit nicely on good old smoggy :)

PEACE​

The red and blue badges are the same size as far as im aware mate! Venom motorsport for ya badgless front grill. Cheapest around and matches the bottom grill. The back badge is screwed on aswell as glued so need to remove the panel on the boot to get it off! Black alloys on a black car can look a bit pants depending on the alloys, if your going for a black and chrome theme would keep ya alloys silver! Try get some fiat alloys, like sporting or similar think theres always some up for sale for quite cheap really! Don't need to tell insurance then either!
You still need to tell the insurance, still classed as a mod.

Like the alloys btw, how much did you get them for?

Last edited:

yep insurance will be notified of everything as soon as alloys are on. mareswell get it all done in one phone call than loads of little ones :p and im settling down now till christmas haha. cant afford to do anything else as of yet.
i picked the aloys up with tyres for 130 from ebay. stupid guy that put them on had no reserve and started them at 50 quid so was having a bidding battle for a good hour or so :p only downside is there is already a small scuff on one wheel but for that price it doesnt bother me :) hope they suit the car :/

New alloys were fitted today. Holy sheeeeeeet! They look hot. Suit the car perfectly. I'll get pics up as soon as I'm on my computer. Can't upload to the gallery via iPhone :( but yeah looking hot. No more major mods until Xmas now. just gotta enjoy what I've got ;P

New alloys were fitted today. Holy sheeeeeeet! They look hot. Suit the car perfectly. I'll get pics up as soon as I'm on my computer. Can't upload to the gallery via iPhone :( but yeah looking hot. No more major mods until Xmas now. just gotta enjoy what I've got ;P

Im quite a fan of the original style of alloys not fake Dotz, although it's your car and I understand them being cheaper is a good thing for people our age.

Car is looking good! (y)

Keep thinking the chrome trim would look awesome in a bright colour to break up the front a little more... :yum:

Back