General how many miles from a tank are you getting

Currently reading:
General how many miles from a tank are you getting

jonsparks

hello people i have a gp 1.2 and was wondering how many miles people are getting to a tank. i am using mine for driving to and through from work and the ocassional run to tescos averaging 37 miles to the gallon but only getting about 300miles to a tank!!! used to get about 350 but now dropped. i serviced the car about 4 months ago changed all filters and plugs.. any ideas????:bang:

hello people i have a gp 1.2 and was wondering how many miles people are getting to a tank. i am using mine for driving to and through from work and the ocassional run to tescos averaging 37 miles to the gallon but only getting about 300miles to a tank!!! used to get about 350 but now dropped. i serviced the car about 4 months ago changed all filters and plugs.. any ideas????:bang:
i get an avg of about 37mpg out my t-jet

Regularly check your tyre pressures and MPG will drop during the winter months (perhaps not that significantly...)

Regularly check your tyre pressures and MPG will drop during the winter months (perhaps not that significantly...)
i've noticed mine drops ~5-7mpg in damp/wet weather, maybe thats a factor too

I once got 587 miles out of my Mjet, Oldham to Romford (234 miles),then romford to Bristol (160 miles) then Bristol back to Oldham ( 180 miles) and I still had enough fuel left to do 2 driving lessons as well.
The car peaked at 63.5 mpg on the M4 between Romford and Bristol, that impressed me.I was only doing around 64 mph on cruise control . Usual mpg was around 39 around town and 56 on a run

When i fill the tank up completly, i get around 510miles out of my car when i drive steady, 400 with a heavy foot and some dutch courage.

I drive a 1.2 8v aswell.

I only get 400 miles out of my mjet i am amazed ppl are getting 500 + out of theres. Just driving normaly 41 mgp is about as good as it gets normaly 37-39. I am hoping after i have fitted the tuning box it may go up a bit.

i get around 420miles from the trip computer, but i find im always putting petrol in. Only get around 38mpg on dual carriages. i think its sh*t on fuel tbh.
i have the 1.2 aswell.

I only get 400 miles out of my mjet i am amazed ppl are getting 500 + out of theres. Just driving normaly 41 mgp is about as good as it gets normaly 37-39. I am hoping after i have fitted the tuning box it may go up a bit.

Me too, I try and drive economically as possible and never seem to see 42 unless I've only the used the car to get to and from uni (1 junction of the m6). I find it appauling but I will be getting a full service done soon, including belt and water pump. Hopefully this will see a rise in economy.

Me too, I try and drive economically as possible and never seem to see 42 unless I've only the used the car to get to and from uni (1 junction of the m6). I find it appauling but I will be getting a full service done soon, including belt and water pump. Hopefully this will see a rise in economy.

Mine is having an oil service as well as cam belt and water pump today as well, as you say hopfully it will make a differnace.

Just the belt and tensioner is £108 then £22 for the water pump, I proved the oil and filter coz i sourced em at a good price. The garage is changing the oil/filter, break fluid, cam belt and water pump and MOTing it for me. I havn't pick it up yet so don't know the top line price I am expecting around £500 TBA :)

I am having it done at a local independant garage i have used before when my wish bone needed doing, they only charge £45 an hour and they are realy honest (unlike some garages:mad:)

Yeah, hopefully. You'll have to let me know. were are you getting that done? and for how much, if you don't mind me asking.

Just got the final bill £420, the punto did me proud and passed it's mot first time just with a warning about both front tyres wearing on the inside.

I can report that the engine loved the oil change, it sounds lovely and is pulling strong. Give it two weeks and the oil will be black and smelly again :)

Reading the bill i can't tell if he did the water pump i hope he did other it was a waste of time doing the belt. I just check the coolant and unless he has used the same colour he hasn't changed it.

I have got to go back there in a week to get my new tyres fitted so i will ask him, he changed the alternator belt it's just strange he didn't charge for the coolant or mention it to me. I did ask for it i not paying for the engine to be stripped again to change the pump it should have been done when the belt was changed.

Back