Technical P0235 - Supercharger error code.

Currently reading:
Technical P0235 - Supercharger error code.

Been to look at a car today for my daughter. Owner told me the engine managment light came on as soon as the engine was running so took my laptop along. FiatECUScan showed 2 stored error codes one was low AC Pressure the other was P0235.

I've done a little searching and my guess would be MAP Sensor because if it was boost related(turbo, actuator, boost valve etc.) the engine rpm would have to increase and call for boost before it would fail?

What do you guys think, am I "barking up the wrong tree", or should I rip his arm off and buy a new MAP Sensor?

Did you part company with your cash before you knew or after :D

I took the MAP sensor off my car and borrowed and friends car to drive to view it. Asked the guy for a test drive, got round the corner, plugged in my MAP sensor. Plugged in the laptop(FiatECUScan) cleared the error.
BINGO! Problem gone.
Swopped the MAPs back over.
Problem returned.

So, I parted wth my cash after I knew. (y)

Only other error was AC presure low.

2a6kv1z.jpg

Had the P0235 warning pop up on our Multiwagon last night after a quick sprint on the M54. (see Stilo group. ;))

Took the MAP sensor off, thought it might need a clean. It did.
22012011267.jpg

It did, problem solved. (y)

Edit
Decided to blank off the EGR the same as our old Stilo, the amount of crap it lets into the inlet manifold and into the engine is unreal. MOT is due in March and I plan to leave it blanked off for the test so I'll let you all know how it does with regards to emissions.

Last edited:
Decided to blank off the EGR the same as our old Stilo, the amount of crap it lets into the inlet manifold and into the engine is unreal. MOT is due in March and I plan to leave it blanked off for the test so I'll let you all know how it does with regards to emissions.

My JTD has been blanked for last 6/7 tests and not failed!

My JTD has been blanked for last 6/7 tests and not failed!

Our Multiwagon was taken for it's last MOT by the previous owner. The Exhaust emissions testing machine they used was a Sun DGA 2500 Combi one of the best there is, I'm told.

Results were just under the Max pass levels:

Max Limits
RPM - 3000
CO(% vol) - 0.200
HC(ppm vol) - 200
Lambda - 1.030

Actual Values
RPM - Not checked
CO(% vol) - 0.198
HC(ppm vol) - 139
Lambda - 1.022

I plan to take it back to the same MOT station as the garage know the car and may be able to give me a little more info about it than the owner did. I also plan to compare results now the EGR is blanked off and a Tunning Box installed.

Last edited:
Update MOT pass. (y)

Our Multiwagon went in for its MOT.

EGR blanked off.
also has a
Tuning Box set to level 7(of 8).

I took it to a reputable garage for its MOT as my families safety is paramount.

FAILED ..
frown.gif

On excessive play, nearside Track Rod End.
thumb.gif

With regards to blanking off the EGR and using a Tuning Box check this out.

Diesel MOT Smoke Test Results(Diesel emissions test)

Smoke Readings
Peak = 0.55m-1

Zero Drift = 0.02m-1 PASS (MAX - 0.1)

Average = 0.53m-1

MOT Test Result
Fast Pass = 0.53m-1 PASS (MAX - 1.5)
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/260776-egr-valve-10.html

Hi,
Car is now driving me insane , P0235 is being shown even when car is on tickover, i replaced the map back in march , it wasnt a bosch one , do you think the sensor may have gone down.
I really dont want to get into part swapping as it gets very costly. I think a trip to fiat maybe on the cards.
Any thoughts would be welcomed

Kev W

I have a spare Fiat(Bosch) MAP sensor, if your near Wolverhampton your welcome to try it on your car to see if it solves the P0235 error?

Stu,

Cheers for that, may just take you up on the offer.
I hate buying bits that are not needed , waste of time and money.
The more i think about the more i think that it is the map sensor.
Cheers for now

Kev

Let me know if your coming over, I'll PM you my address.

I left the battery disconnected over night when I fitted a new MAP and boost valve to our car. Thought it might reset everything and help it accept the new readings from the new parts. Not sure if it actually did anything but she runs great now.

It must be pretty easy to check out the MAP sensor pressure v voltage values. I checked my Bravo MAP yesterday with a hand vacuum pump for voltage v pressure and that was easy enough and checked out to be ok. With your MAP then you are checking positive pressure so that should be even easier to set up. A tyre foot pump with a decent gauge on it and some tight fitting thick walled tubing should do the job
Bosch charts 1.JPG
Bosch MAPs tend to follow these charts where p1 is obviously min pressure and p2 is max and with a supplied voltage of around 5v then they output a range from 0.5v min to around 4.5v max. The temperature sensor if you have an integral one puts a small adjustment to the figures

If you have the Bosch part no I may have the Bosch spec min and max pressure values for it

Last edited:
Thanks for replies peeps !!
Right had a look on FES and there is a "baro pressure signal" i,m wondering if this is from the map sensor? if that is the case then mine isnt really doing anything it is going from 3.81 volts to 3.85 not much range difference !!

Cheers for now

Back