Technical Red Injector warning light comes on.

Currently reading:
Technical Red Injector warning light comes on.

Cyprinidae

I have recently purchased a 1999 Fiat Seicento 1.1 Sporting. The car has been perfect for the first three months with no problems at all. A problem has now suddenly occurred. When first starting the car from cold and running it all is well but once I stop and restart a short time later the red injector warning light comes on and the engine runs rough. The crazy part is if I leave the car for an hour or so it starts and runs perfectly until I stop an quickly restart again. Can anybody suggest what the problem is?

Problem is now more serious the car won't start at all (no spark at all 4 plugs). Fitted new plugs, new HT leads and new coil units but still no spark at all! Any ideas?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say its starting to sound like a fault with the ECU check the ECU earth if im wrong someone will be along shortly to correct me :cool:

could be coil wiring if no spark... test the coils

feed the positive with 12v then take it of. it should kick out a spark as you take the feed away. if it sparks you know your coils aint shot check wiring and report back

Last edited:
I have removed the low tension plugs from the coil packs and checked the voltage across them with the ignition switched on - nothing. No power is getting to the low tension windings of the coil packs which might be the wiring loom or something more expensive!

Immobiliser light go out?

I was going to suggest that as well. Could be a problem with the immobiliser ring on the ignition or the wiring to it.
If that's fine, try another key, if you have one. Could be the chip in the key is faulty. If that's the case and you have no spare, I'm afraid it's not going to be cheap to get a new one.

I have found the crank sensor and have unplugged it. It has a three pin connector it measures 620 ohms from the centre pin to one of the outside pins the other outside pin is open circuit to both the other two pins. Is this OK. The imobiliser light stays on with ignition key in MAR position.

When you say immobiliser light, which light do you mean? I've just look in my car and can't see a light specifically for it.

Back