IMG_0369.jpg

500 Original Cindy - v2.0

Introduction

As awaited by a few, here are the latest pics of my Original Cindy Cosmetic Rock and Roll Upgrade.

One of the overriding reasons I bought Cindy was the 500 signalled fun. Not just a super fly economical car, but something fun to drive. God knows the commute is tiresome at best.

Some of you may like this, it's really ok if you don't. I'll be keeping Cindy until her wheels (and possible chrome) fall off so have designed it to be 100% me. Cheers to everyone else out there that has taken their own spin to their 500's.

Before shots:

Begining of the Gok Wan Treatment:

Taping up the Abar after some tiger seal, that stuff is lethal.
Removing my number plates to prepare for operation chrome overload.
Chrome fitted.
Apologies forgot to rotate this one! Has abar and bonnet chrome in place.

Time for some skulls.. .
Custom skull chrome decal.

500 decals on the side in chrome

Original Cindy decal on rear.
Rear number plate trim.

Interior Courtney Love Treatment:
Rock and roll zebra print mats

Obligatory dashboard skull
My now famous visor covers.

Last pic of me and Original Cindy after a days fun!

I'm still awaiting delivery of the chrome mirrors and to remove the bloody dealer sticker that is welded on. That will be next weekend!

Had a proper giggle making Cindy even more rock and roll than she was before. Already had a few double takes on the way to work. If any one wants to know where I got the decals I ordered them from aardvark4design.com. Richard was very helpful and even threw in a few freebie duplicates in case I buggered them up!

(y)
Reactions: DBunX and 500man
lol.. looks like your having fun with it :D

I've ordered mine in Black and have a load of stuff waiting to go on it as well :D

I'll probably get a bad reaction off some people, but cars are personal and its good to make it your own :D

Last edited:
lol.. looks like your having fun with it :D

I've ordered mine in Black and have a load of stuff waiting to go on it as well :D

I'll probably get a bad reaction off some people, but cars are personal and its good to make it your own :D

You will have a blast matey, the black ones looks really superb when fully cleaned an polished.

It's all about enjoying yourself whether that be sticking to the original fittings from the fiat configurator or going a bit more off field for your look.

Some people need to chill out round these parts, lots of arguing over opinions and who is factually correct. None of that rubbish here!

What extras did you order spoons?

the leebee

I love it, especially the zebra mats and visor stickers :D I'm so pinching that idea, loving the misfits sticker too (y)

If you do I used sticky pads from the stationary section of a super market which are double sided. Also I backed mine in laminate so if I do need to take them off they wont rip. :)

What 500 have you got Claire?

the leebee

can I ask where you got your chrome number plate surround from too? I feel the need to chrome mine up more upon seeing this :)

The chrome OCD has infected me too!

Yes ebay. There aqre the official ones which are plain surrounds and £22 a pop, or these unofficial ones with 500 logos etched onto them. They are really quite tough and well made about £8 each! Bargain. Just search fiat500 chrome on ebay.

If you do I used sticky pads from the stationary section of a super market which are double sided. Also I backed mine in laminate so if I do need to take them off they wont rip. :)

What 500 have you got Claire?

the leebee

that's a good idea laminating it, I'm going to get a template tonight and raid my stickers to see what'll look good.

I have a 1.2 in crossover black with side rubbing strips and foglights. Still to put chrome bonnet line on, chrome wing mirror covers and new plate. Photo's are on here somewhere, can't change my signature from ordered to 'now owns'

What extras did you order spoons?

the leebee
Ordered Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2 16" Alloy Wheels painted in "Power Silver", pick these up at the end of the week.

Ordered Eibach 30mm Pro-Kit Lowering Springs to make the car look more racey and handle better.

Received a nice Richbrook aluminium '500' Tax Disc holder

Looking at Metallic Charcoal 'Viper Stripe' vinyl at the moment and trying to decide what colour to use... silver or Charcoal...??

Probably going to get a window tint company to fit a dark tint at the top of my windscreen, so it will 'lower' the look of the car from the front...

Going to get some caliper paint so that I can paint my brake calipers Blue which is a nice colour against the Black paintwork..

Errrm, thats about it I think :D

Oh... and I'm going to save up for some Coilovers and 17" wheels later next year :D

Here is a crappy photoshop of what I'm aiming for.... something like this (but i dont know if it will all work :D)

Attachments

• Viper Black Grey Stripes Background 3.jpg
    Viper Black Grey Stripes Background 3.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Viper Black Grey Stripes Background Rear 2.jpg
    Viper Black Grey Stripes Background Rear 2.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Nice Philipino Taxi.....:D I remember seeing the Misfits and the Cramps on tour in my youth... I was gonna say have fun with the car but you obviously already are.

Awesome...I sadly have never seen them been a fan for about 15 years though! Jerry Only's favourite artist is dolly parton though which always made me laugh...especially when I went to see her, not really expecting much, she kicked ass though!!

True punk is a 5ft blonde wig wearing country gal :slayer:

Ordered Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2 16" Alloy Wheels painted in "Power Silver", pick these up at the end of the week.

Ordered Eibach 30mm Pro-Kit Lowering Springs to make the car look more racey and handle better.

Received a nice Richbrook aluminium '500' Tax Disc holder

Looking at Metallic Charcoal 'Viper Stripe' vinyl at the moment and trying to decide what colour to use... silver or Charcoal...??

Probably going to get a window tint company to fit a dark tint at the top of my windscreen, so it will 'lower' the look of the car from the front...

Going to get some caliper paint so that I can paint my brake calipers Blue which is a nice colour against the Black paintwork..

Errrm, thats about it I think :D

Oh... and I'm going to save up for some Coilovers and 17" wheels later next year :D

Here is a crappy photoshop of what I'm aiming for.... something like this (but i dont know if it will all work :D)

nice "crappy" image there...looks almost like my car......oh wait..!! it is my car. lol

where did you get the plate surrounds from,i've seen them on ebay germany but they are too expensove.what did you pay for them ?

Hey Ged, I already have one of these from my old car. It was truely awesome. Only problem is it uses a rubber bung which you fit over the gear stick top. It does have quite a bit of play in it, whilst it was awesome, dont think I could stand having to wobble cindy into each gear like I did my old banger!!

Even though I'm in no way fan of skulls on a car ( on anything for that matter! :p ) I appreciate that you're having a whale of a time improving it your way, and that's what this car is all about. (y)

Another thing though: if I was to see your car on at Tesco's I'd immediately think that the driver is named Cindy and that you borrowed it from your girlfriend. (Then again, I a bit weird people tell me. :D)

Other than that, good choice of colour and chrome, in particular that back reg, find it superb without being "too much". :worship:

Back