Styling Mourning the departure of Ye Ye Green...Can you help?

Currently reading:
Styling Mourning the departure of Ye Ye Green...Can you help?

bLUE eYED BEttY

I had my heart set on a 500 - mapped the whole thing out, chrome trims, the lot...
But now I'm finally getting to buy one, the colour has gone :confused:
Anyone have a clue if Fiat might be 'persuaded' to make a 500 in the green? I don't really know how the system works - is it a case of once it's off th website, it's gone? Does anyone have any experience in this area?
The green and the Punk Grey were the only ones I really loved - and now I'm at a loss as to which colour I'd choose.
Your thoughts?

You wont get one made in either colour now, Im afraid Fiat have deleted most of the better colours and left us with the dull ones:( Youre best bet is to ask your dealer to search cars in stock, I bet theres a Ye Ye somewhere unsold.

yep I agree, not a chance of getting one made, when I was speaking to the guys in Salisbury a few weeks ago, I am pretty sure they said that there were no Ye Ye left (but you should still check!), but they will be off the shelf ones, so possibly not your spec.

The new Grey colour is supposed to be very nice (Haven't seen it myself), but all the lovely retro colours are gone. Luckily we ordered our Orange one about 2 weeks before they the made the changes.

We saw lots of different cars at the weekend, Bossa Nova white looks good with a stripe (especially the black barcode that goes over the roof - but only on a pop version as the lounge's glass gets in the way!), it also suits all the side stripes.

Red does look good and is surprisingly rare, goes well with black or ivory inside. Yellow is also lovely, but you can't have Ivory with it!

I loved that colour; so very Morris Minor. I would have had that or the Punk Grey if the wife hadn't have been so negative about it.

Thanks all!! I know, I'm kicking myself that I didn't order one when I had the chance - either in green or the brown. I'm kind of hoping that Fiat come to their senses and issue some better colours in the next few months - am going to hold fire 'til then.
Do like the red, thanks for the advice, but am just a green car kind of gal (despite their 'unlucky' reputation!)
Thanks also for the link to the AutoTrader website - that was nice of you :). Unfortunately, although I passed on a Manual I've been driving an automatic (Figaro) for the past 3 years and have converted!
let's keep our fingers crossed for some better colours soon! Apparently they've now pulled Ragamuffin Red too - you gotta be quick!

Yeah maybe - thanks Pete. Kind of prefer the pastel green look though. The Diesel model is kind of dark and also metallic I think? Really like the solid non-metallic colours better (which is unfortunate since there are now not many of them available!!)

So I wonder if these 3 colour maybe more easier to sell on!? Given their exclusivity? Just a thought? Anyone fancy a Punk grey sport?

that's the only good thing that could come of this silly situation, our 500 was the only Orange one out of the 60+ cars on the IOW and seeing as Harwoods never sold an Orange one, there is a pretty good chance that it was the only one on the whole of the Island :D

iirc they deleted the colours because of low take up, and yet as soon as they did everyone wants them, well done Fiat :rolleyes:

Have to say Jive Blue and Ye Ye Green were always the two colours I picked in the config.

Jive Blue was what I wanted originally, but similary, it had gone when I got around to ordering. As had Mod Blue. Went for New Orleans blue only because I didnt want a pale colour (live on a main road and dirt is a BIG problem) and I was a bit ambigous about it but now I really like it. Hoping they pull it quickly to add to the rarity value!!! The grey is nice bu you really need to jazz it up with some stickers or it looks like a Micra OMHO

Julie

Am not sure that Fiat will pull these colours indefinitely - I wonder if they (or similar) may be re-introduced. Someone said that it may be a clever marketing ploy to pull the colours people are hesitant about, temporarily, to boost sales in those areas when they return. I don't know...

Certainly, I hope that in the not-too-distant future, they bring in some new funky colours to wash away all the greys and whites that are dominating the colour board at the moment!!

Still can't decide whether to stick out for a better colour in the next 12 months (there's no real rush, exc. my own impatiency!) or whether to go for a used / pre-reg Ye Ye one with manual gearbox (getting an dualogic in green appears to be akin to discovering a needle in a haystack)!

Back