Tesco clubcard scam

Currently reading:
Tesco clubcard scam

Anyone with a clubcard, check your points before you leave the shop/fuel station.

Guy at work bought petrol and thought the number of points he had was a bit high - 1700. Bought something else a few days later and his points were 400. The clubcard number was different on each card.

Seems the staff in the petrol station are scanning a different card and pocketing the clubcard points.

as if you can bribe someone's loyalty with crappy gifts that aren't even free. oh wait you can! well, people that daft deserve to have their points nicked. :p

Anyone with a clubcard, check your points before you leave the shop/fuel station.

Guy at work bought petrol and thought the number of points he had was a bit high - 1700. Bought something else a few days later and his points were 400. The clubcard number was different on each card.

Seems the staff in the petrol station are scanning a different card and pocketing the clubcard points.

But how can scanning a different card deduct points already awarded to another? :confused:

Sorry, my bad. I failed to read Hellcats original post properly - "...Guy at work bought petrol and thought the number of points he had was a bit high - 1700..." :eek:

as if you can bribe someone's loyalty with crappy gifts that aren't even free. oh wait you can! well, people that daft deserve to have their points nicked. :p

You don't get crappy gifts you get vouchers of monetary value you can spend on anything instore except fags and lottery and petrol.

And mikee what you expect in london ffs. All our tesco staff in the north are locals.

yeah i agree its a total scam ,you dont get anything back from them worth anything, they just sell your details and details of what you buy to the nice people who send you junk mail.

You don't get crappy gifts you get vouchers of monetary value you can spend on anything instore except fags and lottery and petrol.
yes, but the value of the vouchers is significantly less than the extra you have paid on the prices, so the vouchers are not free at all, you pay a lot more for them than they are worth.

that is the basis of all loyalty schemes.

Last edited:

report it to te$co head office assuming the recipt actually shows the club card number and the vouchers have to go somewhere whats the guess that the muppet hasn't got the card in another family member name to avoid being caught out:idea:

Last edited:
yes, but the value of the vouchers is significantly less than the extra you have paid on the prices, so the vouchers are not free at all, you pay a lot more for them than they are worth.

that is the basis of all loyalty schemes.

Eh? its cheaper than morrisons. But I agree for the most part I shop at asda myself. Only get petrol from tesco so the points soon add up :devil:. Usually cheapest station in area too £1.05 for unleaded at the moment :).

Usually cheapest station in area too £1.05 for unleaded at the moment :).

yeah tesco is the cheapest in your area for fuel. the 2 total garages are always more.

have you ever noticed in newton aycliffe one total garage charges more than the other? i think its the st cuthberts way total that is 1p cheaper, and has that sexy blond with the huge fun bags. havent laid my eyes on them for more than a year now.

Last edited:
Back