General Baby/Child Seats in the 500

Currently reading:
General Baby/Child Seats in the 500

Hi, When we ordered our 500 on Saturday, I took along both our Baby seats (our girl is 2 and 3 months old). We tried one of them in the car and although it was a little tight to get it in in the first instance it seemed to fit well and settled nicely.

My Daughter did jump in and all seemed fine. We did feel the front seat was a little close to her feet - she is small so that her legs are out straight rather than bent if you get what I mean. However, when we jumped back into the caliber we noticed that the seat was also close so everything seems fine.

Can anyone else who carries children around in the rear seats confirm that they have no problems and the front seat is not too far forward as a result? I am sure it’s all good as we checked but wanted some reassurance that’s all. :)

I just got my 500, replacing a Volvo V50. My 15 year old has enough leg room sitting behind me (I'm 6 ft), although I do prefer the seat back quite straight. My daughter (7) has no problems with leg room in her Britax car seat.

I know what you mean about little ones and their legs although it's not long before they grow!

Only remaining challenge is seeing if everyone can pack lightly enough to fit our stuff in the boot:rolleyes:

I use my 500 every day to take my son to nursery and out for day trips and shopping trips. He is 3 in january.

We tried the old style large car seat before buying and it fitted perfectly, as does the booster seat with hi back (although when he gets taller we'll have to put the seat almost over the seatbelt so that the back can go up without hitting the side of the car - but we've tried it out and no problems :)).

We have the passenger seat a bit further forward than usual so that his legs can fit in (even at 3 years old he does tend to still stick his feet out and I don't want my nice leather seats covered in scuff marks!) but we've managed to go out with my husband as a passenger and he's 6ft2 and has long legs!

The maclaren stroller fits pefectly in the boot even with a full weeks shopping too.

The bonus is the airbag deactivation so you could put a rear facing child seat into the front seat (much easier to put the rear facing seats in when on the front seat if you have no rear doors!), and also once the child reaches three they can go in the front on a booster seat too with the airbag deactivated.

Sorry to ramble, but what i meant to say is that we have no problems at all, and I am one of life's worriers and was panicking before the car arrived that we were all going to fit!

hope that helps
Heidi

Back