General Fitting wing mirror covers yourself...

Currently reading:
General Fitting wing mirror covers yourself...

Snowball

Lover of small Fiats
Is it easy to fit replacement wing mirror covers? how do you get them off?

I am consider getting some chrome or red ones for my 500 but wasn't sure if this was simple enough for me to do myself?

Last edited:
So are they easy to fit. Is it the new mirror you have to file/cut? Or the cover. Just looking at some on ebay. Chrome ones for the new 500

You dont have to cut or file anything. Its a very simple job about 5 minutes or less each side. Basically, look at your new covers first to see how the clips fit, then once youve seen that you just gently squeeze the covers on the car and pull them towards you whilst wiggling them a bit. They eventually pop off, and you then just clip the new ones on, simple:)

You dont have to cut or file anything. Its a very simple job about 5 minutes or less each side. Basically, look at your new covers first to see how the clips fit, then once youve seen that you just gently squeeze the covers on the car and pull them towards you whilst wiggling them a bit. They eventually pop off, and you then just clip the new ones on, simple:)

Not sure which ones you fitted but if you look at back of cover (new) is has a retangular section you have to remove or it physically wont fit,I had to remove this section then as you say the cover slipped straight on.

Ooo jolly good - they are apparently genuine fiat ones but we shall see we shall see.

yippeeeeeeeee won the chrome ones!!!! hurrah! Off come the red ones and on go the chrome ones!!!

I'm meant to be picking up my new 500 at the weekend, but just been told by the dealer that there are no chrome wing mirrors in the UK at the moment, so I'll have to return in 2 weeks to get them fitted.

It's a quite a long round trip so I said I'd just wait till the car was fully ready. Upon hearing this the delivery date for the mirrors went up to a month or possibly more.

Couple of questions?
1) Is he spinning me a line, it's getting near the month end and he just wants to close the sale?
2) Should I wait for the dealer to "magically" source some in the next week once I realises I am willing to wait?

I wondering whether to just get some on eBay and fit them myself. Might be less hassle.

Charlie

I'm meant to be picking up my new 500 at the weekend, but just been told by the dealer that there are no chrome wing mirrors in the UK at the moment, so I'll have to return in 2 weeks to get them fitted.

It's a quite a long round trip so I said I'd just wait till the car was fully ready. Upon hearing this the delivery date for the mirrors went up to a month or possibly more.

Couple of questions?
1) Is he spinning me a line, it's getting near the month end and he just wants to close the sale?
2) Should I wait for the dealer to "magically" source some in the next week once I realises I am willing to wait?

I wondering whether to just get some on eBay and fit them myself. Might be less hassle.

Charlie

This is true, i am still waiting on mine and i picked my car up 2 weeks ago, they are on back order from fiat

Gotta say for all the set's i have fitted i have not yet had to remove anything from them yet. but i have not fitted a set in the two months or so.

And who was asking about white ones ???

I have a set of white and a set of red that im willing to part with if you wanna pm me.

Back