Keeping Threads On Topic

Currently reading:
Keeping Threads On Topic

It's got to the point now where something has to be said, too many topics are starting well, but just falling off topic and becoming 'gutter threads' - fair enough if a topic starts as a bit dodgy, by all means carry it on (within reason)

But trashing a thread that otherwise had a useful purpose won't be acceptable any more

Basically, the dodgy posts will just be removed... end of.

Like I said, this is not to censor everything, its just to keep topics on track. If it starts to sway, just open a new post up... us mod's are getting fed up of almost every topic turning to smut.

Please.... respect the forum...

i dont think anyone hijacks threads in any other forum apart from the LL which i thought it is for non-fiat related topics, sometimes topics do sway but not always smutty, but as long as it is in the LL then that cant be too much of a problem surely??!!??

What if there was a members only forum, only to be accessed with a password for all members and that could be a anything goes type thing, anything can be dicussed - then guests cant read it. just a suggestion :)

HGT Power said:
Was looking for some pics of Bravo and I don't remember which site was leading here,so I took a look in the meetings section and realised that forum is actually NOT boring.

And here we are!
some times forget we are not in ll so see why some people getting upset
we dont want to get too boring though either do we?

thats why i thought of having a members only bit - can only be access by the members, with a password then anything can get discussed (within reason) and so its not accessible to guests. Theres loads of banter and a lot of people do join in, i am not making up an excuse i can see where bens coming from, but i thought it was mainly LL where all the banter is

Hmmm, lets experiment ;-)

I think that Bravo above is a great colour, really suits the car

Its mainly come up now due to this new active topics :) Before you could skip the LL if you wished, but now it entwines all the posts in it...

Not quite sure what my point is here, as I'm not saying to now LL post. But it was an idea to remove LL from the new posts altogether, then you could just browse it as you wished... again not ideal...

ho hum....

we will just have too keep the smut out, i think thats the main problem, cause once someone metions it, it all kicks off

i would like too apoligise for all my thread hi-jacking and smutty comments, it is all in jest and hope no-one took them the wrong way :)

ben said:
Its mainly come up now due to this new active topics :) Before you could skip the LL if you wished, but now it entwines all the posts in it...

Not quite sure what my point is here, as I'm not saying to now LL post. But it was an idea to remove LL from the new posts altogether, then you could just browse it as you wished... again not ideal...

ho hum....

yeah i do get what your saying, i suppose with the new posts thing yes - there is a lot of valid stuff in the LL but also is just a lot of banter and funny threads thats not really benefitting people who want general car information so i suppose there is good and bad points on whether to have the LL removed from the new posts.

Cool... i'm not trying to kill fun or anything. Its just now it does all link, its kinda like its overflowing...
ponders... thinks,.... AHAH!

I think I can do 2 'New Posts' pages... or have an options in your profile to turn LL latest on or off... will look into that, as it could be the easiest solution for now, giving you a choice rather than forcing the issue...

ben said:
Cool... i'm not trying to kill fun or anything. Its just now it does all link, its kinda like its overflowing...
ponders... thinks,.... AHAH!

I think I can do 2 'New Posts' pages... or have an options in your profile to turn LL latest on or off... will look into that, as it could be the easiest solution for now, giving you a choice rather than forcing the issue...

Hmmm yes that sounds good - i know that some people choose not to go in the LL as it isnt for them, so with the new posts they are blindly going in there. So if people decide not to switch that option on then thats fair enough :)

Hmmm, all good reading!

Personally, I think a lot of the more recent banter has tended to be smutty innueundo-type comments. Looking back in the past, there was a tendency to be crude, which is not on?!?!

Has anyone complained about the levels yet? I think there are a few hippocrites about, tbh. It only takes one of us, me included, to kick off and the rest follow suit.

Maybe having the option to turn off or on the LL is a valid point. But then if you are only interested in one marque of car, then surely you would look just in that particular forum. The LL is there for a bit of fun, after all. BUT I admit I have a tendency to thread enhance/re-direct a few times, which is what this post is all about, surely.

Stu

Surely the Leisure Lounge is a good thing though if you just want to post something quite general or ask something which is non-fiat related (which is what its for!)

When a thread has been started as a joke or something to make you laugh i reckon that should be fine, you should be able to tell from the thread title if its a serious thread or not.

Im glad Ben has bought this up though as what sometimes annoys me is when a perfectly good Fiat-based thread degrades into smut and nonsence, or when a thread suddenly goes miles off the point of why it was posted in the first place.

TBH i think Ben is right, ive just read up on whats been happening since yesterday and im astounded at some of the topics that have gone so far off topic it's unbelievable.
I can be as smutty as the next person and ten to one ive prob done a lot of topic hijacking in the past but from what ive seen today it's no wonder ive not posted for a while :(

Good on you Ben for bringing this to the forefront.

I agree if your gonna start a topic with the intention of it going "smutty" then thats ok. But some serious topics in LL are being turned too and thats uncalled for.

<rant over>

Last edited:
OK Im obviously missing out on something here because I cant see anything like what you describe posted since yesterday? :-?

TBH - like i keep saying i havent noticed any smut other than that in the LL - know sometimes it does happen but it does tend to stay in the lesuire lounge, like stu said i think some people are being hipercritcal.

like i mentioned before - and stu has too, in the past there has been one or two people (mentioning no names) who have said stuff which is utterly crude. I admit i make lots of innuendos as many of you do - its only banter, i dont as far as i am aware say anything utterly crude. The stuff that people say on there is harmless fun and if people are offended by it then they should say at the time - i know i have and requested what has been said to be removed.

BTW ben isnt thinking of removing LL just taking it off the new posts facility, it will still be accessible through forums :)

Back